Save Windows and Tabs When Restarting Firefox

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
Restarting Firefox is always difficult for those of us with dozens of tabs open, because you don’t want to lose all the open tabs, but you might not want to bookmark them all either.

Thankfully there are a number of options to solve this:

1. Use the Restart Firefox extension get it here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1249
2. Set Firefox to save all windows and tabs, every time.
3. Set Tab Mix Plus to save all windows and tabs (if you are using the Tab Mix Plus sessions instead of the native Firefox one.)

Use the Restart Firefox extension

First, you’ll need to download and install the extension from Mozilla Add-ons. Then just look on the file menu, and you should see a shiny new menu item. This will restart Firefox and keep all your tabs exactly where you left off.
image%7B0%7D%5B2%5D.png

You can also use the toolbar button if you really want to, but that takes up too much space for me.

Set Firefox to save all windows and tabs, every time

You can configure Firefox to always save your current place by just going to Options, and then changing the dropdown to “Show my windows and tabs from last time”.....
image%7B0%7D.png

When you close your browser, it will automatically pick right back up where you left off. Note that this makes the homepage setting somewhat irrelevant.

Set Tab Mix Plus to save all windows and tabs

This only applies if you are using the Tab Mix Plus session manager. If you open Tab Mix Plus Options, you can change “When Browser Starts” to “Restore”.

image%7B0%7D%5B1%5D.png

You might also want to enable crash recovery… but I’d recommend using Firefox’s built-in session restore instead, as it seems to work better.....:)

One of the things i love about FF is all the add-ons and customization to make it do what i need it to do. Thanks for the post Moh. (y)

I only got fire fox the other week, but i find it has a lot more going for it than IE*.
just one thing though, if i try to download something, FF asks me do i want to open or save file, one problem it won't let me choose the destination file.....any ideas, thanks(y)

i was introduced to FF some time ago now and when i use another pc with IE i hate it lol!
i have my home page set to 3 different pages - the ones i use most this my repti forum and FB lol! sad but true! Its great that i can have so many pages open all at once so when im searching ive got them all in once place rather than how the IE used to be with having to use different pages. PLUS i love the coloured tabs that i have - being a woman thats imoprtant loll

@Linny, as far as i know, Fire Fox can be made into a portable app that you can load on a flash drive and take with you.

I only got fire fox the other week, but i find it has a lot more going for it than IE*.
just one thing though, if i try to download something, FF asks me do i want to open or save file, one problem it won't let me choose the destination file.....any ideas, thanks(y)

You can define the save location by doing the following wheelo,

Tools

Options

Main (TAB)

firefoxsavelocation.jpg

-

Back