Scrambled channels (read here first before posting)

I bought a box yesterday and have a big issue with scrambled/no signal when flicking through channel. I turn box off and then on and the channel loads perfectly - this seems like a quick fix but is there anything i can do so I dont have to reboot box every time i want to change a channel? Would updating the firmware help? How do i check current firmware?

Thanks in advance

you could try re-flashing the firmware. to see if it helps i forgot alot about skyboxes however, hit menu and look for information you will find your firmware version in that tab.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have done the basic things ie check internet abd connections but i am only getting freeview channels.
If anyone can help in how to get my box up and running would be really good.
I have tried the people that sold us the box with a 12 month gift but acording to amazon are no longer on there database so amazon cannot help.
My internet is fine and the router is next to the box.
HELP
HELP
regards
thenewpudu

hi lee here dont mean to i jack thread so i will apologies but iv got skybox f5s the problem is i get a scambled sign every twenty mintes pops au then go s and same again tryed other gift trials but still the same i am on wifi dongle but still the same with a ethenet cable pluged in so dont now what eles to do my isp is sly so could that be a problem if any one out there have had the same problems and fix it or any advice would be nice thanks

Hi,
I have done the basic things ie check internet abd connections but i am only getting freeview channels.
If anyone can help in how to get my box up and running would be really good.
I have tried the people that sold us the box with a 12 month gift but acording to amazon are no longer on there database so amazon cannot help.
My internet is fine and the router is next to the box.
HELP
HELP
regards
thenewpudu
Looks like you bloke as done a runner Thats why we say dont buy box with gift you need to post here for new server [h=3]anyone recommend a good cccam pay server?[/h]

---------- Post Merged at 08:33 PM ----------

hi lee here dont mean to i jack thread so i will apologies but iv got skybox f5s the problem is i get a scambled sign every twenty mintes pops au then go s and same again tryed other gift trials but still the same i am on wifi dongle but still the same with a ethenet cable pluged in so dont now what eles to do my isp is sly so could that be a problem if any one out there have had the same problems and fix it or any advice would be nice thanks
Have you tried unticking your original server so it is not conflicting with your test one

Lee, problems like yours are generally caused by server problems, ie. the server is overpopulated/ just not that good. that is why getting test lines is a good practice before you sign up anywhere for any length of time. The ethernet connection is much preferable to wireless.

Having trouble with Setanta channels, they are scrambled when turned-on, leave them for 10 minutes with Scrambled sign on black screen and they work for about 10 seconds, then go off again. Any ideas what could be causing this?

PS HAve posted in Channel list thread as well in case any one following that could help.

it is not always the line providers problem. remember in Ireland they are zone 2 and the the UK is zone one. it is normaly down to signal strengh. to get a totaly glitch free on this channel you may need a bigger dish.of course if you are in Ireland it would be your line provider however, make sure you are using a Irish channel list.

Last edited:
can we have a clear up MODS of the posts in here and moved to where every they need to go, as want to keep this as a guide only :)

---------- Post Merged at 12:24 PM ----------

Having trouble with Setanta channels, they are scrambled when turned-on, leave them for 10 minutes with Scrambled sign on black screen and they work for about 10 seconds, then go off again. Any ideas what could be causing this?

PS HAve posted in Channel list thread as well in case any one following that could help.

that can be the ping to server or you connected to them

Thanks for the replies. I'm in Ireland, these were working fine for the past 9 months, so maybe not a problem with channel list? Never heard of Irish list tbh, I'm on AJ's latest.

Have contacted provider, no reply yet.

Any idea how to test the ping?

i dont know if you can get it on a skybox however, on the linux boxes it will download a proper Irish channel list, and you will tend to get better results.

I'm in Ireland Mike, and no you can't do it on the skybox, and Gleep, I have always found AJ's list to be perfect. you say that the list has been working perfectly for 9 months, are you saying that you have a nine month old channel list? if so get the latest version.

Back