Screen problems

jigger121

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
The thing is I have a sony Ericsson Xperia Ray and seems to be abit of a problem with the screen.
The thing is when the phone locks and goes to standby the screen goes completley black. But the thing is i can still answer calls and music still plays when it is like this. To get it back to working screen i usually have to hit the power button a few times to pretty much shock it back to life.
Was wondering would anyone know what is causing the problem, because i have no guarantee on it and really dont want to spend alot of money on something i can do myself
Cheers

That sounds pretty normal to me.

Im on the htc desire s and if im playing music and i dont touch the phone the screen will lock and will continue to play music. If i want to interact with it again i have to press the power button to activate the screen and unlock or use the buttons available on the lock screen to interact.

Am i picking you up wrong or is this what you are describing?

You really dont want the screen on the whole time as its a major battery drain.

You can customise the buttons or shortcuts shown in the lock screen and the default music player should have itself displayed within the lockscreen also with which you can pause, skip forward and back.

Seems like I didnt explain it so clearly
Instead of when i press the power button that would usually bring me to the unlock screen so i could swipe to open
When i hit the power button its stay black and i have to press the button about 6/7times just to get me to the unlock screen

Ah ok gotcha.

Is there alot of applications running in the background that may be slowing down the overall performance of the phone?

Go to settings, applications, manage applications and select running.

See if there is anything their you can disable or uninstall.

Could be possible also that the power button is damaged?

Here's a good app to use for checking out various options to uninstall, clearing the cache, freeing up memory and so on.

★10 apps in 1.
A Super Box-The Swiss Army knife for Android.
Help you to manage your phone easily and efficiently.A Super Box improve your phone's performance,It's the best android assistant.
★.-----1.Memory/Cpu Monitor-----
✔Displays :
1:Memory information,Cpu information.
2:SD Card Storage Capacity,Phone Storage Capacity.
3:battery indicator/battery status
✔Ram booster(memory booster):1 click to free memory.
★.-----2.Battery information-----
✔Displays the remaining time for:
-TalkTime、AudioTime、VideoTime、Web Surfing Time and Idle Time.
-health of the battery.
-temperature of the battery.
✔battery widget support.
★.-----3.app installer-----
✔Scans your “SD Card”,and shows the apps to the list.
✔Long-time click to delete or send the app.
★.-------4.Uninstaller:--------
✔Batch uninstall apps.
✔It's also an app manager:input keywords to find your apps quickly.
✔.batch backup apps.Restore your apps from the SD Card by file manager(sdcard/apps_backup). Notice:It can only backup the apk files.
★.-------5.App2SD(android 2.2 or up)----
App 2 SD allows you to move apps to SD(APPS TO SD Card).
✔List all apps that can be moved to SD Card.
✔Help you to save your memory(internal phone storage).
★.--------6.Cache Cleaner--------
Free your internal memory(phone memory).
✔List apps that have cache files.
✔Show the total cache size.
✔1 click to clear all cached files(clear cache files).
✔Clear cache for a specified application.
✔Sort apps by size or name.
✔Search history eraser(history cleaner/clear):1 tap to erase history data ,delete web history(web Browser history),Maps search History, Earth History, YOUTUBE History ,clipboard data, market history,gmail history etc. Cleanup your phone. free up memory and free up space.
★.--------7.Task Killer----
Task Killer(task manager) allows you to quickly kill processes on your Android .It speeds up your phone and saves your battery.Displays all running processes.
features:
*Ignore list
*Show the memory and power
*Notification.
*one touch killer widget
*"Kill service" button for froyo(2.2 or 2.3)
*uninstall/Switch to/Detail apps
★.--------8.Settings-------
With the Settings tool,you can extend Battery Life(boost Battery Life).It improves your Battery Performance.
Reset your phone and improve your battery life.It's one of the best battery saver(battery improve) tools.
✔Set screen timeout time/ screen brightness.
✔Volume control:Ringer volume,Notification volume,Media volume,Alarm volume,Voice call volume,System volume.
✔Ringer control:Silent mode,Vibration mode,Sound only mode.
✔GPS receiver/ GPS setting
✔Set Wi-Fi
✔Set Bluetooth/Auto-sync data/Airplane mode
✔2G/3G toggle(mobile data)
★.-------9.File Manager/Sdcard Manager-------
The Quick File Manager/file explorer manage your SdCard easily.
✔Browse your SD Card.
✔Shows the apps/music/videos/images.
✔Auto_scan function.
✔Open/Copy/Cut/Rename/Delete/Share your files.
✔file transfer
✔app/apk manager
★.--------10.App safeguard--------
Keep your phone secure.
✔App Safeguard help you scan app's permissinos.
✔Find apps that may cost your money(send SMS messages,directly call phone numbers,etc)
✔Scan Automatically when a new application has been installed.
✔Find apps that can access to your personal information(GPS location,read contact data...)
✔Find apps that can access information about networks , modify SD card contents.
★.--Also searched as All in one app--

Super aTool Box-cache battery

Great peice of equipment, but unfortunately none of thos worked seems like i must be a hardware issue afterall
Thanks for the help anyways

A good way to test if it's software or hardware, attempt to turn your screen off in the first 2 minutes of restarting your phone while in airplane mode. This means some apps aren't functioning and data isn't taking up the CPU.

You might wanna try doing a factory reset. To me it sounds like it might be the power button that is faulty.

Sorry lads forgot all about this, problem still hasn't went away just grew acustomed to it done everything said above, even resorted to putting the phone in a packet of rice :L :L
Just looks like a motherboard issue, so might just get the new Samsung Galaxy s3

Back