SD Card Initialisation Problem

Paulo663

Hi everyone,
I have read people have had the same problem as i am currently having.
I want to use a SD card for my epg but the card gets to 50/100 when trying to initialise and no further.
Some people have had success using a USB adaptor to initialise there card prior to fitting into the SD slot.
I have tried 2 SD cards with no success, so is the adaptor the way to go !

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

i use sd card and i find that put sd card in when box is powered up then go to initialise it and it will stop with a error message wanting to restart box, do this then try again and it works, i have however had to do this 3 times before i got a sd card to work on one box

Cheers waldo176 for the reply.
My box has never come up with a error message yet and i have left it for over 1/2 an hour trying to initialise.
I will retry again tomorrow and let you know !.

yeh boot up box without sd card then place card in when i go to initialise it i will only see external storage so i will click this then i will get a message saying reboot box so i reboot box then i go back into it again and ill have two to pick from external storage again or sd/mmc i think it is so i select sd and it works, i have also had problems when done that when trying to flash wooshmans image its says not enough storage need at least 300mb and doing same method above fixes it.

Can always try formatting it again on a PC using a tool such as Rufus, then letting the box try initialising again?

Well sort out my sd card initialisation problem.
Had to do it via a usb reader plugged in the front.
Cheers for the help chaps.

yeh boot up box without sd card then place card in when i go to initialise it i will only see external storage so i will click this then i will get a message saying reboot box so i reboot box then i go back into it again and ill have two to pick from external storage again or sd/mmc i think it is so i select sd and it works, i have also had problems when done that when trying to flash wooshmans image its says not enough storage need at least 300mb and doing same method above fixes it.

Well sort out my sd card initialisation problem.
Had to do it via a usb reader plugged in the front.
Cheers for the help chaps.

I've found the best way for me is when the box is first turned on its got OpenATV, set up your SD card on OpenATV, leave in the box and reflash with vix or your desired image and it will be formatted and mounted, if you want a swap file do this also while still on Open ATV, you will be able to create a larger one too if wanted.

Back