SD card setup

Fattony

Hi,

After setting up and running Woosh build for a couple of weeks how do I set up a SD card to use for epg and timeshift, to stop my hard drive running all the time and is there anything else I should use the SD card for? Picons maybe?

Any help appreciated and I have tried searching for this, but couldn't find any thing.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers
Fattony

im also looking for some help on this, im only using a usb stick and am worried it may burn out my port.

I have started using an SD card for Picon and EPG

step 1 of the WooshBuild instructions tell you how to intialise the usb stick. Do the same but select the SD card instead.

Once initialised, you need to change the location for CrossEPG: Menu -> Setup -> CrossEPG -> Configure, then change storage device to the name of your SD card. Then do a manual download for CrossEPG.

Now you have your EPG running from your SD card. The picons are the same, when you follow the instructions on my build you are asked where to store the picons, again, select your SD card.

Now that's done, can I also use the SD card for timeshift, have tried but get a error message it will not let me change the directory, it says

The Directory/is not a EXt2,EXT3,EXT4,NFS or CIFS parttion. Make sure tou select a valid patition type.

Do I need to delete my swap file on hard drive and then create a new one on the SD card?

Cheers
Fattony

Now that's done, can I also use the SD card for timeshift, have tried but get a error message it will not let me change the directory, it says

The Directory/is not a EXt2,EXT3,EXT4,NFS or CIFS parttion. Make sure tou select a valid patition type.

Do I need to delete my swap file on hard drive and then create a new one on the SD card?

Cheers
Fattony
Yes you can:

If you refer to instruction number 5 of WooshBuild it gets to to set the location for timeshift, pause / rewind. You need to select your SD card, via <list of storage devices>, then press the menu button and create a directory.

Call it timeshift then highlight it and press the green button - This is now running timeshift from your SD card.

Now do the same for recordings if you want to.

Cheers
Fattony
Yes you can:

If you refer to instruction number 5 of WooshBuild it gets to to set the location for timeshift, pause / rewind. You need to select your SD card, via <list of storage devices>, then press the menu button and create a directory.

Call it timeshift then highlight it and press the green button - This is now running timeshift from your SD card.

Now do the same for recordings if you want to.

Thank for that, at least it will save running the hard drive all the time

Back