SD Quality?

rmantech

Hi, I've owned the zgemma star 2s for a few months now, and have always had the problem of the SD channels being blurry in quality compared to the sky SD channels despite changing many display settings.

If I upgrade to the new H.2S is the quality any better?

how. old might they be as cheap cables can be blurry,did you try a better one + clean dirty tv screen

might have to wait for others to comment on blurry picture,different boxes can produce different quality on screen.

Whats your a/v settings, on the zgemma remote press menu, setup, system, A/V settings....I find best results for SD are
Automatic resolution - disabled
Mode - 1080i
refresh rate - 50hz
display 4:3 content - just scale
display 16:9 content - just scale

Green button to save, try that and see, it could also your TV needs calibrated

If I recall correctly from posts Ive read on here this could be within A/V settings as gmangt4 says above, something to do with setting the TV not the settop box to do the up-scaling from 720 & 1080i

i found with my H2S that sd was blurry but in av settings there is an option to view sd as 1080 - sorted it out no problem

Thanks, Please could you tell me where the settings are?

---------- Post Merged at 03:10 PM ----------

Whats your a/v settings, on the zgemma remote press menu, setup, system, A/V settings....I find best results for SD are
Automatic resolution - disabled
Mode - 1080i
refresh rate - 50hz
display 4:3 content - just scale
display 16:9 content - just scale

Green button to save, try that and see, it could also your TV needs calibrated

Thanks tried them no difference

---------- Post Merged at 03:35 PM ----------

saw my mates skybox f5 before I bought this, and the quality was much clearer. Will go round to his place to test my box and will report back here.

How old is your tv? , expensive or cheap model not being cheeky , as newer expensive tv panels make a lot of difference .

How old is your tv? , expensive or cheap model not being cheeky , as newer expensive tv panels make a lot of difference .

Haha, yea I understand but I've got a Panasonic VIERA TX-P50VT65B Full HD and 3D TV, not sure its the TV because SKY SD was perfect.

I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure I seen some posting re: Panasonic TV settings being an issue with boxes, don't quote me on it, but there could be a few posts on here.

My panasonic is fine I use it for sat , but just swapped my zgemma ( cable) on it to see if it was not as good quality as the Samsung upstairs , and it was perfect Sd /hd .., so sorry can't help any more ..

Back