Sea Bass, Prawns & Mussels Bouillabaisse.

sc0user

1. Place the onion, garlic, fennel bulb, potatoes and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large shallow pan, cover with a lid and sweat over a low heat for about five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft but not starting to brown.

2. Stir in the tomato paste and saffron, turn up the heat and fry for 2 minutes. Then cover with just enough water to submerge the vegetables and boil gently for 5 minutes or so until the potatoes are just cooked through, (see preparation note for potatoes).

3. Toss in the mussels, cover the pan and boil for two to three minute. Put the prawns and fillets of sea bass on top, cover, turn the heat right down and poach very gently for 4-5 minutes.

4. Once the potatoes,mussels, prawns and fish are cooked, lift them onto a warmed plate. Add another 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and boil rapidly for 1 to 2 minutes until the oil is reduced. This can now be used as a delicious drizzling sauce.

5. Season well with salt and cayenne pepper, put the sea bass and shellfish back on top and serve. Drizzle with sauce or a good extra virgin oil if preferred.

This sounds wonderful scouser, but if you can't eat mussels is it okay to leave them out and substitute something else?

Cheer it is one of my favs :) Sorry for the delay Eva I am always slow on replies, yes you can sub away all you like thats the beauty of this dish. I had it with chorizo instead of mussels quite recently and it was fab ;)

Back