Security-Shields Up!

axxxo

VIP Member
Shields Up is a great site to show you basic hidden information which your computer is constantly sending to any website you visit including our beloved TK, it will show you how vulnerable our machines can be and if your machine is fully protected or in "stealth" or not.

Made by a well known man called Steve Gibson he has devoted himself to security in the cyberworld.

Give it a go you may be surprised what you find :)

great feature called perfect passwords is available on this site where each time you visit the page it generates a new unique password for you to use be it on your machine or for wireless connection etc

Security Now! is a feature which has podcasts for you to listen to cover whatever security issue you might have.

Gibson's latest publically released work is SecurAble, which is a program that will tell the user if their CPU supports 64 bit computing, DEP (Data Execution Prevention) and hardware level virtualisation.

There is alot of info on here for you to read through so enjoy

I really appreciate this post, thank you very much, im thinking of taking an ethical hacking course and networking security when i get to Uni, i'm guessing this is a good start.

no prob lads, was strangely disappointed when my comp passed all the tests, wanted something to work on i guess lol

dissappointing

no prob lads, was strangely disappointed when my comp passed all the tests, wanted something to work on i guess lol

know what you mean axxxoo, just run them all and got a clean bill of health:sorry:

Back