Selling firestick

patch

If I have a firestick that I bought from Amazon but haven't had it out of the box and want to sell it , do I have to plug it in and deregister it or will my account details not be on the firestick. Thanks

Back in December I bought a fire stick Direct from Amazon which was linked to my account, I would use it the once to deregister it to be on the safe side, and tell the person who eventually buys it that's what you have done

If I have a firestick that I bought from Amazon but haven't had it out of the box and want to sell it , do I have to plug it in and deregister it or will my account details not be on the firestick. Thanks
If it's not been plugged in and went through the registration process you're OK to resell it mate.

Once it goes through registration and is activated only then is it tied to the serial number.
I've bought/sold numerous devices in the same manner.

If it's not been plugged in and went through the registration process you're OK to resell it mate.

Once it goes through registration and is activated only then is it tied to the serial number.
I've bought/sold numerous devices in the same manner.
If you tick the box "register to my account " it arrives with the first part of setup done, so you would have to deregistered, otherwise just let it go.

If you tick the box "register to my account " it arrives with the first part of setup done, so you would have to deregistered, otherwise just let it go.
Yeah if that's the case and he's linked it upon purchase to his account then he has to deregister it first, going by what OP said "out of the box" otherwise it should be OK

Log into your online Amazon account on your pc/laptop>go to your account>content and devices>devices>check the stick is listed there>click on it and de register it>sell it on.

Back