Service port on Tv

cactikid

VIP Member
Hannspree tv has a service port and wondered could it power a Firestick as model does not have usb ports.

Not really, it's for servicing the tv.
Don't normal usb adapters and cables exist over there?
I can go any supermarket or corner shop and buy one

Tv in question possibly has 2 scart 3 hdmi and no usb ports built in.
God knows what cables i have stored in many boxes and down to my last Null modem cable.
I have a number of short usb extensions for plugging into the rear and using usb sticks on top of boxes.

Tv in question possibly has 2 scart 3 hdmi and no usb ports built in.
God knows what cables i have stored in many boxes and down to my last Null modem cable.
I have a number of short usb extensions for plugging into the rear and using usb sticks on top of boxes.
The firestick can either plug directly into the tv hdmi slot or a hdmi extension cable.
The usb (power) can come from the tv or from a socket/adapter

I have a right angle hdmi adapter and it wont plug into which seems strange as i have a spare cable in back of an alcove and power extension.

Was not sure if service port could power stick on the tv as only 1 power socket.

Need to dig out ladder to get up to tv on the ceiling.

I have a right angle hdmi adapter and it wont plug into which seems strange as i have a spare cable in back of an alcove and power extension.

Was not sure if service port could power stick on the tv as only 1 power socket.

Need to dig out ladder to get up to tv on the ceiling.
dont take the risk just buy usb power adapter.

Hannspree tv has a service port and wondered could it power a Firestick as model does not have usb ports.
Ive an Acer TV/Monitor in one of my rooms. with a service USB slot hidden under a rubber flap, I plugged in the Firestick 4K into the HDMI port and powered it from the USB port without any issue.

I got a newer Firestick Pro or Max recently as a Xmas pressie and tried to power it from a USB port on a 65" Samsung and a warning popped up on the screen that the power from the USB was not adequate to power the Firestick. (Note the older Firestick was actually powered by the Samsung until I received the newer Firestick)

Regards
Suttsy

Back