WooshBuild Set up pause and rewind on H2S

slizza786

My HS2 is refusing to pause or rewind when on IPTV. It works fine when on a satellite FTA channel. I am on wb infinity.

Does anyone know how I go about setting up my IPTV channels to work for pause and rewind? My supplier said this feature is specific to the box and not related to the line

My HS2 is refusing to pause or rewind when on IPTV. It works fine when on a satellite FTA channel. I am on wb infinity.

Does anyone know how I go about setting up my IPTV channels to work for pause and rewind? My supplier said this feature is specific to the box and not related to the line
Another words you can't pause iptv or rewind it mate

You can definitely pause & rewind IPTV on H2S, I just tried it to verify and it works perfectly with my sub. No special setup, all my timeshift settings are default.

Maybe incorrect settings or HDD / USB problem, also vaguely remember something about crons messed up so timeshift not starting but as yours works with FTA I'd say supplier specific (no matter what he says).

Other than that it could depend on how you're installing your IPTV ie. if you're using something like the xstream addon then it won't work you'll need to switch to E2m3u2bouquets and then it'll work.

You can definitely pause & rewind IPTV on H2S, I just tried it to verify and it works perfectly with my sub. No special setup, all my timeshift settings are default.

Maybe incorrect settings or HDD / USB problem, also vaguely remember something about crons messed up so timeshift not starting but as yours works with FTA I'd say supplier specific (no matter what he says).

Other than that it could depend on how you're installing your IPTV ie. if you're using something like the xstream addon then it won't work you'll need to switch to E2m3u2bouquets and then it'll work.
You need multiroom for all the functions to work I have 4 connections on one sub can record but not able to pause when I do pause it then un pause it just goes to where ever the program movie is upto now if its recorded iptv program can do all what the op wants to do

You able to show your timeshift settings because I don't think there's an option to revert the settings back to default.

I use the All4one plugin for my IPTV and that has no options for adjusting timeshift

You able to show your timeshift settings because I don't think there's an option to revert the settings back to default.

I use the All4one plugin for my IPTV and that has no options for adjusting timeshift
Time shift is in menu nothing to do with the all4one plugin

I know , I'm asking to see his timeshift settings. He said timeshift may be due to my line but my provider was 100% sure it's got nothing to do with the line
If you are using all4one with one sub you won't be able to record your IPTV, contact your supplier!

As bascfc1 said timeshift settings are in the menu of Woosh / OpenATV (under setup), nothing to do with all4one.

It would seem that All4one is your problem as Toddy2 said. You need to use E2m3u2bouquets (or similar) then you will be able to pause etc.

Using an external app relies on the features of that app whereas using e2m3u is just using your sub as another input so all the settings that would be available for satellite / hdd files etc. would be available for your iptv. I don't know if there are any other apps that would allow pause / rewind perhaps someone else may know.

You just have to get an m3u / epg address from your supplier.

thanks alot everyone. As an overall view, what have peoples experience been with timeshift on iptv? is it a feature worth using?
Not worth the effort, get a sub with catch-up, I would never rely on a recording of IPTV been let down too many times especially with sporting events like Boxing, where 30 minutes have been recorded instead of 3 Hours it's too hit and miss!

No problem. Personally I use pause / rew / ff all the time, sometimes paused for hours, never been let down. Ideal when I need a cuppa or someone knocks on the door etc etc. Also I buffer 15 - mins at the beginning of a game so I can ff past all the crap pointless pundit banter / ads at half time. Wouldn't be without it.

Will add that USB stick / HDD is important, ZGemmas are known to be very fussy so important to have a 'quality' stick as timeshift relies on it. Quality doesn't necessarily mean price, more that the ZGemma likes the stick which is trial & error.

Back