Setting up a OpenBox V8S HD for the first time

...I've also realised that the second connector on the back of the box is a loop channel. Can i take a patch lead from this into my Sky box then? It would be handy if I could as my wife can't use the openbox and it would make the transition easier!

If you did that, then you wouldn't be able to use both boxes at the same time. It's always best to have seperate feeds from the LNB to each box.

If you have spare ports on the LNB, wire up one of those for your extra feed.

hi could someone help me setting up the webtv on my vs8 openbox, now running latest skybox fw. do i need to add satellites,box is connected to router by ethernet, i cant get youtube or weather app to work either.

If you have a read through this whole thread you'll see that none of the web apps work and that the web TV is useless. You need to add a line and a channel list to your box and connect it to a satellite and Ethernet to get live TV. Look a few posts back for a simple and straightforward "dummies guide" written by Reaper. It's useful and to the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies - new to this but having same problem as below:

managed to find secret menu, cccam line is added but says offline

how do I connect to web? Do I need a wifi dongle?

EDIT:

Plugged in wifi dongle, still wont work?Hi, having same issue - can you assist now please?

Last edited:
You don't say what box you have---best to connect via ethernet cable---your line won't work unless you are connected to web.
Read the guide.
Reaper.

You don't say what box you have---best to connect via ethernet cable---your line won't work unless you are connected to web.
Read the guide.
Reaper.

Hi Reaper, Apologies, I have an Openbox V8S - managed to find secret menu, cccam line is added but says offline?? I have connected via ethernet. Just purchased this box as my V5S stuck on 'LoAd' after a channel list update and was unable to reflash. I tried this with a RS232 Null cable with USB Serial Adapter but could not get any further than 'Synchronising STBs ...Please reset target' - it did not even get to the 'Done' stage so decided two days of trying was time to buy a new box.

I have my Line, Host, Username, Password etc - but maybe this has changed hence why 'Offline'. I have since emailed the supplier of the code and hopefully I will be sorted shortly.

I think, when I have the time, I will continue in vain to reflash my old box.

If your F5s just says load then it should be possible to reflash--but the erom upgrade tool does not like laptop set up so really you would get better results from a desktop with xp.
As to your line it looks as if you are using a Nline---after adding you need to reboot box for the line to show online.
Reaper.

Hi guys. I purchased a v8s a month ago off eBay, could watch all sky channels fine but now all channels are scrambled. How do I fix this? The Internet is connected fine on the box.

Good afternoon,

I've just purchased a V8S, I'm fairly new to this.. having read the thread and dummies guide, after navigating the menu thee is no option to enter any lines anywhere??
current software on the box is 3511HD_07_12_2014_0923. do i need to change this to access the cline and/or ncamd section of the box??
hope you can help. many thanks

I have bought a v5s box from Amazon and am in the middle of familiarising myself with the set up, will this work ok in Ireland?

---------- Post Merged at 01:52 PM ----------

Also have ordered the sky dongle to pick up wifi, I constantly use the wireless hotspot on my phone for Netflix as I have all you can eat data, but will this connection be stable enough to use the box?

Can anyone help me my openbox 8vs is got all channels but the person i got off says use cwaite list but would it matter if i used aj list and also if i restore box to factory would i lose everything i pay yearly for my channels thanks and sorry but new to this

Have just got some open box v8s and there is a graphical glitch and lines across the screen then they shutdown on there own, also wont recognize the front USB, I have reset to factory defaults but no luck any help would be appreciated

Hi , hope theres someone out there who can help a total novice before I send back my vs8 open box , I was told plug in and play
it would play all sky channels but alas no joy , Im on a wirelless net work but have tried ethernet cable but still comes up with ,current network
interface wifi, but device not found , please plug in, what am I doing wrong, thanks in advance ...

Hi - I recently bought the v8s, and upon delivery i duly plugged in the ethernet, power, hdmi and satellite cables. Once selecting the hdmi channel on the tv and after the box has powered on a menu powers up briefly before turning black. There is absolutely no response from the remote, so as such i thought this was faulty. They ebay user i bought the box off sent me another one out but it says android on this, and it doesn't appear to work either. Am i doing something wrong? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi - I recently bought the v8s, and upon delivery i duly plugged in the ethernet, power, hdmi and satellite cables. Once selecting the hdmi channel on the tv and after the box has powered on a menu powers up briefly before turning black. There is absolutely no response from the remote, so as such i thought this was faulty. They ebay user i bought the box off sent me another one out but it says android on this, and it doesn't appear to work either. Am i doing something wrong? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

What does the display on the front of the box show?

Have you tried connecting the box to the TV using scart/composite leads?

Back