Setup for cable

heyriggs

Hi, I bought a H5.2TC to setup my first cable feed. I'm new to this so I expected complications.
I've done everything that I think I was supposed to but I'm getting no sort of TV signal at all. I have the basic channels and they don't work on the Zgemma, should they?

I have installed Wooshbuild 6, mgcamd 1.38r1, autoboquets and set to my region and I have the cable fee plugged in via the f to coax converter as advised. I have FTPed over the mg cfg and line files also. I have done the channel scan through the setup and through autoboquets.

Has anyone got any ideas what I'm missing out?

You will only get the SD versions of channels 1-5 until you have an active line / cam running - until there's a picture coming through, the signal levels will not show.

not said if you have a list of channels on your scan and in abm?

is line you got correct as for uk or irl?

Go through the H2.H setup guide in my sig to make sure you've set it up correctly - it's pretty much the same for the H5.2TC. Also may be worth looking at the cable box FAQ to make sure you have covered everything ;)

Go through the H2.H setup guide in my sig to make sure you've set it up correctly - it's pretty much the same for the H5.2TC. Also may be worth looking at the cable box FAQ to make sure you have covered everything ;)

Thanks for the guide.
It's all OK til I do the scan in ABM, it reports that there are 400 video / 37 radio, then it goes back to the ABM setup menu automatically. But no channels work and the EPG is still blank.

The epg will have no program info until you have ran epg import or epg refresh whichever you are using.

Have you tried entering a channel number on the remote, ie 101 ?

Thanks guys. I've got the channels running now, needed a new line after I realised pressing 101 got me BBC1 - channel 5. By that stage I knew the box was set up ok.
The last issue I have is the EPG, it worked the other day, but now when I try to download it again it does nothing. Is Rytec XMLTV *** the source people use?

If you followed ste's guide its here :(y):

You will now need to select your import sources for the EPG - The standard ones should already be set but I find that the V*rgin EPG doesn't populate that well so I have an extra sources file which goes into ROOT > ETC > EPGIMPORT ... if you're interested in this, here it is...
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/9gxvyxGf/file.html

Thanks I found it shortly after posting, I missed it the first couple of times I looked through.
Sorted, thanks everyone

I use epg refresh on the pvr channel. Pulls in the epg data from vm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried that method in the past and didn't work for me unfortunately... seems to be hit and miss.

Back