shared inputs?

Ad_87

Hey guys, i'm about to order an f5 box to sit on top of my sky box. Is there any way to share the inputs? I've got a 1tb sky+ hd box if that makes a difference. While i trial the f5 box i just want to be able to swap between the two.

Lastly, i've been told not to pay extra for a box with a gift.. Is it easy enough to set it all up myself? Or should i get a box with a gift from sat doc e.t.c?

Cheers guys,

Ad

It's around about the right price range for me to try it out to be honest. Any help regarding the inputs?

Cheers guys,

Ad

It's not possible to share (split) the input cables & have both boxes on at the same time. You could use a splitter, or use the loop output on the F5 if you only want to use 1 box at a time, otherwise you need to connect another cable to the LNB for your F5 box.

You can do it actually ,

Only if your willing to run the official box in "single feed mode " which limits the functions of the official box .

Press services then 001 to access install menu on official box

run another cable in before you blow something up as sat cables have voltage running through them,love the taste of live cable.

run another cable in before you blow something up as sat cables have voltage running through them,love the taste of live cable.

It's only a yummy 18v tho :)

And if course the voltage on the cable is only there at the lnb end as it's from the box lol !!!

I only want to use one box at a time..Sorry i'm new to all of this.. Is this a bad idea? what do i need to do this? What do you mean by two boxes on the same line being shocking.

Thanks,

Ad

if by any chance you get 2 boxes connected to the one cable and are powered on voltage from both can do expensive damage.best to learn what may happen before its done,no problem removing one box and replacing with the other,by doing this all the time you may damage the threads on the tuner.

You can run both if you have 2 cables on the official box ,

Do as I said earlier re single feed mode.

Use one cable for the F5 and one for the HD box , :)

i would say dont as next what will happen will be no signal on skybox,skybox and sky+ dont mix on lnbs and sh1te will happen,your choice.

You can run both if you have 2 cables on the official box ,

Do as I said earlier re single feed mode.

Use one cable for the F5 and one for the HD box , :)

I don't have a $ly+ box, but wouldn't that restrict you to just recording the channel you are watching (or to a channel on the same transponder)? and you can't use "Anytime".

Something else you could do, if you will only be using 1 box at a time, is to use a switch to switch the LNB2 connection between the $ly+ box & the F5 box.

F Type Satellite Cable A-B Switch FREE P&P - UK SELLER | eBay

That way there is no chance of having both boxes supplying the same LNB output with a voltage.

Something else you could do, if you will only be using 1 box at a time, is to use a switch to switch the LNB2 connection between the $ly+ box & the F5 box.

F Type Satellite Cable A-B Switch FREE P&P - UK SELLER | eBay

That way there is no chance of having both boxes supplying the same LNB output with a voltage.

Cheers for that, how is that connected up? Do i need any other cables?

Ad

You will need another couple of F type to F type leads (sometimes called patch leads).

Disconnect the lead going to the LNB2 connection on your $ly+ box, & connect it to the middle connector of the switch box. Then connect one of the patch leads from the LNB2 connector on the $ly+ box to the "A" connector on the switch box. Connect the other patch lead from the LNB IN from the F5 to the "B" connector on the switch box.

Select "A" on the switch box for $ly+, & "B" for the F5.

Maplin also sell the same box for £7.99.

Aerial Switch : Aerial Splitters : Maplin Electronics

Last edited:
Back