Shield Ethernet Not Working

nickyboy4

Sure i'm not the only one having this problem but my brothers nvidia shield box-one of the first versions won't connect using ethernet, he's on sky like me but can only connect using wireless, his is one of the first shields, i got him a new cat 6 cable which works fine with mine, done all the usual stuff like resetting the router but still has to connect using wireless-any ideas?

Sure i'm not the only one having this problem but my brothers nvidia shield box-one of the first versions won't connect using ethernet, he's on sky like me but can only connect using wireless, his is one of the first shields, i got him a new cat 6 cable which works fine with mine, done all the usual stuff like resetting the router but still has to connect using wireless-any ideas?
Are the firewalls off tried different ethanet port on router

If you have tried a known good cable and done all software updates and drivers. Then chances are the port could be damaged

I had that experience with the shield also total burnout on e-port great device but when it fails it fails as do most devices

Just an update, got the usb/ethernet cable recommended to me and still no ethernet, he’ll have to just live with wireless only, i’ve lost interest- thanks everyone for your input

Back