Should I upgrade from Zgemma H9.2S to Formuler Z11 Pro Max Box?

Oldone25

Good afternoon guys
I currently use a Zgemma H9.2S (OpenATV with Grogbuild) mainly for IPTV streaming, the EPG has only ever worked intermittently. If I bought a Formuler Z11 Pro Max would I notice any real difference regarding its ease of use and EPG? What are the Pros and cons of the Formuler?

Thanks

You are using an obsolete image, openatv 6.4 has been classed as EOL (end of life) for years.
Before you ditch the zgemma, you might want to try an image from this decade first.
Flash plain openatv 7.3 and see how you get on with that for a week or so
Thanks for your reply, I've stayed with OpenATV 6.4 and GB because of accessing All4One for IPTV, my limited understanding is that All4One doesn't work on OpenATV 7.3. What would I use instead of All4One?

Why not use both?
As pablo says update your zegemma then get in contact with your supplier there is a way to do it ( i know i have same supplier)

All4one only works with python 2.7 and below. It is not updated for python3. When it comes to epg, all4one pulls the channels and links the epg through epg importer.
Are you using a usb and have the epg set to install to the USB?
Install your suppliers android app to your phone and see if the epg installs properly there. If it isn't much different then the issue is with your supplier and not your device

All4one only works with python 2.7 and below. It is not updated for python3. When it comes to epg, all4one pulls the channels and links the epg through epg importer.
Are you using a usb and have the epg set to install to the USB?
Install your suppliers android app to your phone and see if the epg installs properly there. If it isn't much different then the issue is with your supplier and not your device
thanks for the advice, yes I have a USB stick installed and EPG is set to USB.
I was looking at the Formuler as other members of the household don't find the Zgemma easy to use (clunky), is the Formuler more user friendly?

Yep, especially when there's problems. It takes 5 minutes to factory reset and can't really mess it up compared to reflashing a zgemma (if you aren't familiar with how to do it)
Thanks for all of your replies.
Thanks for the info regarding the the Formuler I’m very tempted to buy one.

100% with built in Mol3 IPTV app, they are designed for IPTV.

Will be a better user experience that is for sure.
Hi ferret,

Sorry for jumping on the thread and hope it doesn't upset anyone .....but, I'm considering buying one as well but, does anyone have a screenshot of the EPG setup...

I assume I would also be able to put my suppliers app onto the formuler

Sorry bit of a tech dummy

Ryza

Mytvonline3 is a great app.. Possibly the best there is.. No need for a providers app

Good afternoon guys
I currently use a Zgemma H9.2S (OpenATV with Grogbuild) mainly for IPTV streaming, the EPG has only ever worked intermittently. If I bought a Formuler Z11 Pro Max would I notice any real difference regarding its ease of use and EPG? What are the Pros and cons of the Formuler?

Thanks
Yes you would be better off with z11 pro max and you will see the difference mate.
But bear in my you can't put official netflix app on the box tho. Having said that it's a very good box
Thanks

Hi ferret,

Sorry for jumping on the thread and hope it doesn't upset anyone .....but, I'm considering buying one as well but, does anyone have a screenshot of the EPG setup...

I assume I would also be able to put my suppliers app onto the formuler

Sorry bit of a tech dummy

Ryza
Yes that's correct and you have myonline3 which is a very good app

Yes you would be better off with z11 pro max and you will see the difference mate.
But bear in my you can't put official netflix app on the box tho. Having said that it's a very good box
Thanks
Thanks for the info regarding Netflix, would I be able to stream the VOD Netflix which is what I think I do with the Zgemma?

Back