Signal glitching constantly!!

Hi All,

Purchased 2 H2s boxes a couple of weeks ago for a friend via ebay, both came fully set up with the latest sucmnsee image, I sorted out the c lines from a trusted source that I already have another 8 lines with no issues. These boxes are both fine on free to air channels but when it comes to the others - glitching every 5-10 seconds and freezing for just as long? I've reflashed the one box with the wooshbuild base and setup as per the very good instructions provided but still glitching something terrible? I've contacted the service provider to see if I have to have 2 lines for a dual tuner, I'm in the process of getting in touch with the supplier on ebay just in case its the boxes themselves for guidance and/or replacement.

signal is good, internet is good, c lines work excellently in other boxes (openbox v8s, skybox f5s) albeit they are single tuners?
Any help would be very appreciated

Cheers,

If the FTA channels are working perfectly, the line is working perfectly on another box, then it is a problem with internet. That is IF the two IF's mentioned are 100% true

I was having the exact same problem. I fixed it by unplugging the box from the electricity socket for a few minutes and plugging it back in. It's been fine ever since.

Hi Wheelo,

Just had feedback from the service supplier and all lines are good. Internet speed check pulls up 37meg download, 5-6meg upload speeds, no restrictions with plusnet but obviously could be 'that time of day', the weird thing is that the boxes are exactly the same with BT, vodafone networks (all fibre) tested quite a distance away from each other at different friends houses? I'm at a loss because as stated the FTA channels are spot on? I'm gonna have to check a test line i think see if its different just in case, what do you think?

If it is doing the same at other peoples houses, you would start to suspect it is the line rather than the B/B speed, consistency. the only way to accurately check is to try a test line, it rules out a whole host of other problems.

Yeah guys gonna have to get a test line see if that works better. Rebooted boxes and routers still no joy. Any good test links about that I can try?
Cheers

Clearly the supplier will say it's working his end, especially a dishonest one selling through ebay. Get a test line or I know people on here have had their lines tested by others to verify it one way or another.
Usually eBay 'gifts' don't last very long, more reliable getting a supplier through the forum, although there is still some risk in that..FTA channels will always be fine because they are exactly that - free!

Rebooted box, rebooted Internet, re-scanned AB's no joy. Gonna try a test line I think just to eliminate that. Any good suggestions on a service provider?

On the forum mate there's a specific thread to request lines, make sure you read the stickies though as your mailbox will be bombarded and everyone promising the world for a fraction of the cost

Rebooted box, rebooted Internet, re-scanned AB's no joy. Gonna try a test line I think just to eliminate that. Any good suggestions on a service provider?

which cam are you using ?

try a different one by installing another one

red button
Softcam Panel
blue button = install

select a new softcam

change to new cam in your softcam panel and restart it

Cheers for that I'll check the forums out for the links.
The softcam I'm using is (off the top of my head) ccam 2.0.3 or is it 2.3.0, seems to be the latest I think anyway?

Cheers biff2005 will check it out when I get home from work, thanks again all for you feedback and suggestions, very much appreciated, will let you know how I get on

Back