signal help

taztaz

hi all im having signal issues with my signal... i have a zgemma h2h vith vm a few channels pixelating or just coming on sometimes i have a 5-1000 splitter .. the vm cable is in trunking with other wires would that cause it ? and i know the vm wire is prob 10 years old ?20251090_1179113635528087_32456511_o.jpg

35db is low - below 70% SNR will give you pixellation... What brand cables / splitter and type of connections are you using?

35db is low - below 70% SNR will give you pixellation... What brand cables / splitter and type of connections are you using?
thx for reply ...the cable and splitter is all that vm (or the company b4 vm) done so duno what brand cable tbh 20227903_1179166815522769_414111487_o.jpg

Check your power levels from your router ... you could have an issue in the green cabinet on the street.

Power / signal level seems ok going to router - check / change the cable going to zgemma to see if there's any difference.

Power / signal level seems ok going to router - check / change the cable going to zgemma to see if there's any difference.
thx for taking time to help me ill pop to tv shop tom and get a cable made and ill get back to u ;) ;)

just for your info - the signal levels in your photo are exactly the same as mine, and I have no problems with pixelations ?!?! (h2.h on vm)

But I'm not using a splitter.....

Totally agree with cactikid my situation was the same upgraded all cables from brown box at front of house with pre made wf100 cables bought on fleabay and a new 5-100 mhz splitter etc i noticed the cables were very stiff outside when i replaced i guess they just degrade slightly over time with the weather etc

Friend had a similar situation with signal and power levels allover the place etc we changed all cables etc back to the brown box on front of his house but no change.By this time it was head scratching time so decided he would get a virmin engineer out and the fault was traced to the cable coming from the street to the property was damaged etc a fencing company had removed the green protective trunking around the cable and placed a concrete plinth over it so in time the cable had got squashed and frayed the insulation around it and was getting wet because the cable wasnt buried deep enough a bit extreme but thought i would mention this because you just never know

Back