Signal Strength Openbox for free channels

Tobias

Guys, using old Openbox for free channels.

In the East Midlands.
Anyone else had issues with no signal past week, alot is the weather with thunder etc but not had any issues before apart from heavy snow. (used it for years)
Virtually all channels lose signal, been poor past week.

Set to Sly 28.2 signal satellite. Non motorised.

Some channels like ITV work, others like Film 4, BBC News don't.

Never ever touched the dish since installed over 10 years ago. It just seems to be when thunder is around, not necessarily in my area

Never ever touched the dish since installed over 10 years ago. It just seems to be when thunder is around, not necessarily in my area
Perhaps someone knocked it with a ladder, or the cable got damaged with a wheelbarrow scraping past it, it could be anything.
First thing to do is check the dish isn't on the floor and the cables haven't been damaged

No mate, I took the cable out from the box and made sure the screw in was tight.

Its always when there is heavy rain/thunder, even though the weather apart from snow, never impacted this before.
Its been past 2/3 weeks its reared up

Water is ingress on cable or misaligned dish.

Is it only H or only V that dont work or a mix of both polarities

There was the vast majority down at 22:30 last night.
Just checked now.
H channels are down
V are running but some with occasional breakup and lines.

There was the vast majority down at 22:30 last night.
Just checked now.
H channels are down
V are running but some with occasional breakup and lines.
I had similar on a Vu Duo. Turned out to be the tuner that was playing up. Have you got another receiver you can try?

Went up. It's the white plastic.
Any thoughts on how to compensate. It's a white plastic.

Attachments

• IMG_20230712_095834476_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230712_095834476_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20230712_095841317_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230712_095841317_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
That is fine. However Screwfix have them too if you have a branch local to you an don't want to wait for delivery.

You can remove the whole bracket as in previous post ( you will also have to cut the wedge in the middle) or just undo the screw and lift clip around LNB.

Back