Signed up to a music streaming service.

Excellent, good information and well explained many thanks, I am sure this will help more than me, if people care to search and read! It sound like a very good way to pay for 'stuff' @steptoe mentioned something about 'shredding' the virtual card do you know what that is about? Or have I mis-understood?
OK, on premium you can have several virtual cards at once, and also an online shopping card,
the shopping card is one time use only,
the normal virtual cards will stay active until you shred them yourself

I use premium,
but, thats a work thing, I work overseas quite a lot, and usually get paid in Euros, even if that may not be the currency of the country I'm working in,
so I have unlimited free exchanges, and a lot higher free cash withdrawal limits,
can also buy and sell shares on it,
one thing I really like is the online shopping card, it gets shredded after each purchase, so the number can't be cloned and used again.
plus I get free cards for the kids, that are linked to my account, so even tho they have their own balances, I can control how much they are allowed to spend, and can add additional blocks (as well as the Revolut adult site blocks) as to where they can spend their money
For me, the £120 year is well worth it, but probably not for the average UK user,
its my main bank tbh, although I still have a 'normal' UK account too for other purposes.
Does the shredding only work on the Premium account?

Does the shredding only work on the Premium account?
You answered it

OK, on premium you can have several virtual cards at once, and also an online shopping card,
the shopping card is one time use only,
the normal virtual cards will stay active until you shred them yourself
If you shred a card, should it have a zero balance, or will whatever balance you have transfer to the new virtual card?

If you shred a card, should it have a zero balance, or will whatever balance you have transfer to the new virtual card?
you dont need to transfer any balance to the virtual card,
click the account with the local currency, make sure you have some local currency available,
then go to cards, pick your virtual card, enter those card details, and it will use the local currency you were in when you clicked on cards,
BUT, make sure currency is available, otherwise the merchant will charge you a Tx rate from your sterling account.

Your balance is on the app not the card if that makes sense.
as above,
you MUST have local currency available in the app otherwise you pay a TX rate from sterling

It does, so shredding a card, and applying a new one will pick up your balance from the app?
yes

Sorry if I am being a bit thick, but you have all already given me so much more information than the website gives out. So for eg....If I had a a Resolut card and loaded £100 onto it, but wanted to purchase something in Turkish Lira or another currency, how does that work?

Sorry if I am being a bit thick, but you have all already given me so much more information than the website gives out. So for eg....If I had a a Resolut card and loaded £100 onto it, but wanted to purchase something in Turkish Lira or another currency, how does that work?
you go through the list of currencies available, and there are a LOT,
pick Turkish Lira, and exchange £20 or whatever into that currency,
it then automatically adds turkish Lira onto your list of avaiable currencies
click TL from your list and it shows how much you have to spend, click cards, and pick what card you want to use,
eg: physical card, virtual card 1, virtual card 2, ,,, online shopping card, etc

Question for kaspas4450 I’m interested in freezer that you mentioned earlier, once app is downloaded what’s the procedure in login in? Also I take it you have an external hard drive and you dl the music on there then create playlists on the app.?

Back