Sky DE on 19.2E

lostone

TK Supporter
Hi All,

Most likely, this has been asked before, but I can't find anything so specific for the life of me. I apologize for the repost if that's the case.

So I have a motorized system, and I can receive all (or most) satellites between 53E and 30W, using a universal LNB and a "normal" digital receiver (a Zgemma H11S/enigma2).

All good so far, but I'm a bit unclear on the whole Sky thing with the wideband LNB and stuff.

Dumb questions alert:
  • Can I replace the universal LNB with a wideband and still receive all the channels I currently do? (I suspect not)
  • Do I need to get a "hybrid" LNB instead?
  • Assuming I would need a new receiver that works with wideband LNBs?
The aim here is to be able to receive the Sky channels (not necessarily the ones on 19.2, even from 28.3) while keeping the motorized system, all in one? I do have an OScam from somewhere, and when I tune to the Sky channels, at least on 19.2, it seems to be doing its job in clearing the signal; however, image/sound = blank. I assume it's got to do with that wideband LNB.

Any advice/pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

From what I understand, and I'm no expert compared to the some of the veterans on here, if you're getting a signal then its not your LNB but most likely your server.

I have a universal LNB which receives 19.2E so I don't think that's gonna make a difference for you.

What channels are you trying to get that need a wideband lnb?

The Sky channels (movies), other encrypted channels on the sat (and other sats as well) are being cleared just fine, so the server is fine.

You only need a wideband or hybrid lnb if you are using a Sky Q receiver.

If you’re getting BBC 1 on your Zgemma on 28.2e then your current lnb is fine. For 19.2e, try ZDF.

You only need a wideband or hybrid lnb if you are using a Sky Q receiver.

If you’re getting BBC 1 on your Zgemma on 28.2e then your current lnb is fine. For 19.2e, try ZDF.
No no, I'm getting other channels on both satellites, with strong signal. Getting the Sky channels as well, is just that they are "black" even though the logs for the oscam tells me the signal should be decoded. A lot of other channels on both 28.2 and 19.2 are being decoded just fine.

For some reason, the Sky Movies/Sports ones are not, on both satellites (well, the ones on Hotbird 13E as well, same story), and I thought it might have something to do with the LNB (maybe I got it wrong, where I read about the whole SkyQ thingy).
I am using the current provider for more than a year now, and few days ago I got anoher line from them specifically for Sky DE on 19.2E, but still blank, although, like I said in the beginning, everything tells me it should work.

Anyway, if I'm getting signal on those transponders, it should work, don't need to change anything? Well, maybe the provider I'm using...

Thanks

So your problem is not signal reception, it is decryption. You can receive the channels, you just cannot unscramble them to be able to watch them.

Which image are you using? Name version/date please. Please look at Menu > Informaion > About
Which softcam are you using?

Last edited:
No no, I'm getting other channels on both satellites, with strong signal. Getting the Sky channels as well, is just that they are "black" even though the logs for the oscam tells me the signal should be decoded. A lot of other channels on both 28.2 and 19.2 are being decoded just fine.

For some reason, the Sky Movies/Sports ones are not, on both satellites (well, the ones on Hotbird 13E as well, same story), and I thought it might have something to do with the LNB (maybe I got it wrong, where I read about the whole SkyQ thingy).
I am using the current provider for more than a year now, and few days ago I got anoher line from them specifically for Sky DE on 19.2E, but still blank, although, like I said in the beginning, everything tells me it should work.

Anyway, if I'm getting signal on those transponders, it should work, don't need to change anything? Well, maybe the provider I'm using...

Thanks
Your not going to clear 13e IT full stop. You can with the correct line clear SD channels on 28e but it is pointless pursuing that as the SD channels will be turned off shortly.

So your left with 19e and DE. They will clear with the right line, oscam version and configs but you dont tell us what emu or image your running or if your provider provided you with the correct config. Post answers to those question and we can help you further.

So your problem is not signal reception, it is decryption. You can receive the channels, you just cannot unscramble them to be able to watch them.

Which image are you using? Name version/date please. Please look at Menu > Informaion > About
Which softcam are you using?
I'm currently using Pure2 image, v7.3
Bash:
root@zgemmah11s:~# cat /etc/issue
PURE2 7.3 \n \lpure2 7.3 \n \l

for the oscam version, I get
Bash:
root@zgemmah11s:~# /usr/bin/cam/oscam_emulatest -V
Version:        oscam-1.30_svn-r11752-800
Compiler:       arm-oe-linux-gnueabi
Box type:       generic (generic)
PID:            7431
TempDir:
GBox tmp_dir:   not defined using:
ConfigDir:      /var/tuxbox/config/
WebifPort:      0

or

Bash:
root@zgemmah11s:~# opkg list-installed | grep oscam
enigma2-plugin-camd-oscam-emu-latest - 11752-r0

Your not going to clear 13e IT full stop. You can with the correct line clear SD channels on 28e but it is pointless pursuing that as the SD channels will be turned off shortly.

So your left with 19e and DE. They will clear with the right line, oscam version and configs but you dont tell us what emu or image your running or if your provider provided you with the correct config. Post answers to those question and we can help you further.
Hi, is not that I don't want to post that info, is just that I originally thought is an entirely different issue, as you can see in the first post of this thread.
And the question about versions used was posted after midnight last night, when, sorry to say it, I was sound asleep. Posted that info as soon as I got to the computer.

About the provider - a lot of channels from a lot of satellites (including the one in question, 19.2E) are being descrambled just fine with this line, so I take it the settings are correct. The image used (Pure2) has an indicator on the OSD in a corner if the cam is doing is job, and I can see it popping up on the sky cinema channels on 19.2E however, the image is still black/no sound.

Well that config is pretty modern but you will not get any sky uk sd channels as you need a different version of oscam. On pure7.3 you should get the de channels but i cannot remember if they have implemented the new protocol that allows a standard channel list to work. So you could go into menu, plugins download plugins and go into settings and download a rotating channel list that says de-icam or something similar. Another option go into your de channel list and select a channel in the list and whilst in the channel list push menu, and scroll down to extra, select this, and scroll down to play with stream relay, select this and wait a moment to see if it clears.

Last edited:
Well that config is pretty modern but you will not get any sky uk sd channels as you need a different version of oscam. On pure7.3 you should get the de channels but i cannot remember if they have implemented the new protocol that allows a standard channel list to work. So you could go into menu, plugins download plugins and go into settings and download a rotating channel list that says de-icam or something similar. Another option go into your de channel list and select a channel in the list and whilst in the channel list push menu, and scroll down to extra, select this, and scroll down to play with stream relay, select this and wait a moment to see if it clears.
Thanks for this, will try it a bit later and see how it goes.

Hi, is not that I don't want to post that info, is just that I originally thought is an entirely different issue, as you can see in the first post of this thread.
And the question about versions used was posted after midnight last night, when, sorry to say it, I was sound asleep. Posted that info as soon as I got to the computer.

About the provider - a lot of channels from a lot of satellites (including the one in question, 19.2E) are being descrambled just fine with this line, so I take it the settings are correct. The image used (Pure2) has an indicator on the OSD in a corner if the cam is doing is job, and I can see it popping up on the sky cinema channels on 19.2E however, the image is still black/no sound.

What other channels clear on 19.2 is irrelevant.

The DE channels are Icam encrypted and require the following

A channel list that includes a Icam DE list. This is the easy way there are other methods but stick with an icam DE list.
The correct Version of Oscam or Ncam . Usually called Icam Oscam. This may be available via the images feed download.
Configs suitable for Icam.
Then the image configs itself needs to be setup for streams.
A line that specifically states it will clear Icam DE.

Do you have any of the above or the settings made.

If so tell us what you have.

You would learn a lot from this thread it a long thread but thread search Icam it will get you clued up to go further.

Channels gone black on 19.2°E

What other channels clear on 19.2 is irrelevant.

The DE channels are Icam encrypted and require the following

A channel list that includes a Icam DE list. This is the easy way there are other methods but stick with an icam DE list.
The correct Version of Oscam or Ncam . Usually called Icam Oscam. This may be available via the images feed download.
Configs suitable for Icam.
Then the image configs itself needs to be setup for streams.
A line that specifically states it will clear Icam DE.

Do you have any of the above or the settings made.

If so tell us what you have.

You would learn a lot from this thread it a long thread but thread search Icam it will get you clued up to go further.

Channels gone black on 19.2°E
No, did not had enigma2-plugin-camd-oscam-icam, installed now via ssh but will get on the actual tv later on, to play with it and see how it goes.

Will have a read through the thread you mentioned, cheers for that.

Will go through all the info I got from everyone here in the evening and see if I get anywhere, thank you everyone for your help.

Update

Right, so! I installed the enigma2-plugin-camd-oscam-icam plugin (and removed the one I was using, enigma2-plugin-camd-oscam-emu-latest). I found some config files on the pure2 forums that work with SkyDE and to my surprise, it works!

Well, kinda :-)

First of all, works only if I select a channel and choose that option to "play service with stream relay", which is a bit annoying to do that for each channel - is there a way to make that change globally? I wasn't able to find it in the menus there (maybe I missed it, didn't gave up tho).

Another issue is that (even after marking a few channels with that "stream relay" option), on changing the channel, the process '/usr/bin/cam/oscam_icam' seems to stop unexpectedly, but can't find any errors in any of the logs that can tell me why. (or same as above, didn't find anything yet). I have to go in the menus and restart it, then go back to the channel, disable the stream relay thingy and re-enable it. Painful, but at least I know it works now.
Will carry on tinkering with those config files and settings and see how it goes from here.

Thank you everyone for your advice and information, at least now I have a better understanding, definitely a step forward.

Long bank holiday weekend sorted for me...

Note: Since plain/non-emu oscam 11735, stream relay was added for 19.2. For UK it was added in 11743.

Are you sure that you have enabled the stream relay module and for the CAIDs. This should be in the oscam.conf

[streamrelay]
stream_relay_enabled = 1
stream_relay_ctab = 098D,0960,0961,0963,0919,093B,09CD

You can fetch a streamrelay file by using this command. it will get 28.2 and 19.2. It should be uptodate, Any updates should be sent to biko's repository.

Code:
[ ! -d "/etc/enigma2/whitelist_streamrelay" ] && wget -O /etc/enigma2/whitelist_streamrelay https://raw.githubusercontent.com/biko-73/OsCam_EMU/main/whitelist_streamrelay

One of the Pure2 developers was looking at oscam dying out. He may have a fix. Check on their forum

Edit:
Ensure you set these in image

If using dvbapi change:
  1. Include ECM in HTTP streams - NO
  2. Descramble HTTP streams - YES
  3. Descramble received HTTP streams - NO

Last edited:
Note: Since plain/non-emu oscam 11735, stream relay was added for 19.2. For UK it was added in 11743.

Are you sure that you have enabled the stream relay module and for the CAIDs. This should be in the oscam.conf

[streamrelay]
stream_relay_enabled = 1
stream_relay_ctab = 098D,0960,0961,0963,0919,093B,09CD
yeah I have that in the conf file however mine only has one value for the ctab setting:
Code:
[streamrelay]
stream_relay_enabled = 1
stream_emm_enabled = 5
stream_relay_ctab = 098D

Weird enough, the plugin I have seems to be a version below the one you mentioned with the 19.2 stream relay being added, I have 11727-v9-r7.

You think I'll have a better chance with another image?

I'll keep an eye on the pure2 forum for that, cheers. Thank God for GoogleTranslate, my German is a bit rusted. And by "a bit" I mean "completely". Was never shiny to start with...

You can fetch a streamrelay file by using this command. it will get 28.2 and 19.2. It should be uptodate, Any updates should be sent to biko's repository.

Code:
[ ! -d "/etc/enigma2/whitelist_streamrelay" ] && wget -O /etc/enigma2/whitelist_streamrelay https://raw.githubusercontent.com/biko73/OsCam_EMU/main/whitelist_streamrelay

One of the Pure2 developers was looking at oscam dying out. He may have a fix. Check on their forum

Edit:
Ensure you set these in image

If using dvbapi change:
  1. Include ECM in HTTP streams - NO
  2. Descramble HTTP streams - YES
  3. Descramble received HTTP streams - NO
Yes, those settings are the same as I have.

Getting a 404 for the github link, that user (biko73) doesn't seem to exist at all: 1711483530517.png

Edit:

Found another one here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ciefp/whitelist_streamrelay/main/whitelist_streamrelay and seems to be updated recently.

Edit II:

Interesting: replaced the local whitelist_streamrelay with the one I mentioned earlier and seems this makes the difference - I can change channels freely without the icam process crashing anymore! Yey!

Last edited:
Maybe I made a mistake when pasting the command to fetch the file. I've repasted it in post 16. And I think you need to restart after fetching the file. Sorry

It is definitely there.
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/biko-73/OsCam_EMU/main/whitelist_streamrelay

Code:
https://github.com/biko-73

Back