Sky Free Channels Won't Scan On Enigma2 after Flashing Image

I have Sky Dish and and this gave me options to view Freeview channels on Octagon SF8008. I updated the image OpenATV 6.4 to OpenATV 6.4 (nothing major) and installed grogbuild like before but since the update when I scan the Tuner for free Satellite channels I am only getting 25 channels back. I have tried every setting, manual scan, clear before scanning, automatic scan, blind scan, full satellite scan etc but none of this helps and have no idea how to fix this issue.

I have read on other forums that issue can be caused due to bad satellite.xml but I have no idea where to get it from on the net. Anyone able to assist how to get free Sky Chanels back on the receiver?

I have Sky Dish and and this gave me options to view Freeview channels on Octagon SF8008. I updated the image OpenATV 6.4 to OpenATV 6.4 (nothing major) and installed grogbuild like before but since the update when I scan the Tuner for free Satellite channels I am only getting 25 channels back. I have tried every setting, manual scan, clear before scanning, automatic scan, blind scan, full satellite scan etc but none of this helps and have no idea how to fix this issue.

I have read on other forums that issue can be caused due to bad satellite.xml but I have no idea where to get it from on the net. Anyone able to assist how to get free Sky Chanels back on the receiver?
Freeview comes from a rooftop aerial, you mean Freesat.
When flashing Grogbuild, did it ask you for your region for satellite channels?
If not you may have to reflash and make sure you set the correct region

Not sure on Grogs image but is there autobouqetsmaker in the plugin menu or under the scanning options ? If so use that.

But befor you do all that make sure the tuner is setup correctly

Simple
28e

yes there is autobouquetsmaker - Menu -> setup -> reception -> autobouquetsMaker -> scan.

It might be worth checking in AutobouqetsMaker -> providers and make sure you are using the correct transmitter.

Thanks Pabloescaban, Ferrett and Grog for assistance.

Grog I managed to resolve the issue, by using ABM to scan for channels has actually resolved the issue. I have no idea whatsoever why would this not work by simply scanning channels the traditional way. I even downloaded latest satellite.xml and put that in tutbox but even that didnt resolve the issue. This is crazy

Why am I experiencing this issue though? When I scan individual transponders I am getting the channels back but it is not working when I try to scan whole satellite. When it scans whole satellite, it scans each transponder but the search does not bring back any results. However when I imanually key in transponder numbers and then scan them invididually it brings results whichis not making any sense. There must be some issue somewhere causing this?

Last edited:
If you attach your debug log, it may show the Issue. Always check debug log for IPTV details before uploading it.

Are you selecting predefined transponder or are you using user defined?

Do you have a user version of satellites.xml file in /etc/enigma2?

Are your tuner configurations correct? (Correct = match dish/reception hardware)

Back