Sky free sat + IPTV working in harmony with EPG ;)

A lot of pain and effort, if your using extreme editor you don't need to create a custom script use there plugin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If using enigma, your supplier will:

-Use XCPlugin
-Use Xtream TV
-Use XC Panel autoscript
-Have a customised script

With the first two they are installed in plugins that work but very basic layout.

With the third, the XC Panel gives a script which will install IPTV to the box in your bouquets just in one IPTV folder with no linked EPG.

If your supplier is good, they may have option 4 and done up a script themselves that will install the IPTV all into folders with a linked EPG.

If your supplier is a reseller or just doesn't have the capabilities, if you are using option 1-3 this Xtream Editor now gives you the option to get a M3U off them and have a full EPG and categorised bouquets.

The Xtream Editor is very good, the only downfall so far is the EPG section needs a bit of work.

You have to be careful you are picking the correct EPG source but even when you do there are some issues.

For instance, some US channels showing wrong data or are couple of hours out on actual programme listing.
All UK ones seem to sync OK, Irish RTE channels have issues (was showing Fridays listings yesterday), but the EPG only seems to go ahead by 2 days or even just one day in some cases. I don't know why it is doing this as I presume it is taking it's info direct off the Rytec source.

Channels like Beins have no Rytec source listed, only French and Spanish ones.

The integrated import through the XtreamEditor plugin does not seem to work fully either and imports 0 or a couple of thousand where as if you do the download through EPG Importer and tick the XTREAM source it will download the full amount depending on what EPG you have selected on the site.

At the minute I think it's the best and easiest way to resort your IPTV out but will have the limitations on the EPG side until fully resolved.

This is some great info for anybody trying to piece together what they are going to do.

Looks great all this, has anyone found a way of recording a channel whilst watching another? Can the right provider allow two simultaneous streams to the same MAC address?

Looks great all this, has anyone found a way of recording a channel whilst watching another? Can the right provider allow two simultaneous streams to the same MAC address?

I have 2 providers and just tested them one wont allow recording while watching another without multi room. The other will allow me just recorded 5 minuets while watching another and playback is working fine

Last edited:
I have 2 providers and just testedthem one wont allow recording while watching another without multi room. The other will allow me just recorded 5 minuets while watching another and playback is working fine

Great info, thanks for testing. Now I know it's possible! Will arrange for some tests as soon as I learn how to set the thing up.

How does linking the channels deal with channel name changes? Does it have to be manually relinked or is it maintenance free once set up?

Great info, thanks for testing. Now I know it's possible! Will arrange for some tests as soon as I learn how to set the thing up.

How does linking the channels deal with channel name changes? Does it have to be manually relinked or is it maintenance free once set up?

Just manually re linked I havent had channel renames just some added and deleted but when you log in xtream editor it tells you the channels and categories there in so you just add the epg if needed

ok lads quick question.. what am i doing wrong? lol

I have more than 5 family members boxes to put this on so went to the pro version. I created a Template in the pro version all the channels have assigned EPG just like the list i created in the standard version for my own box that works grand.

I installed the xtream editor plugin on the boxes done all the other bits and bobs with auto bouquets etc and enabled EPG in the plugin settings, added the QR code thing to the add line or list to enigma2 plugin opened opened up the plugin again and pressed load...got all the bouquets the way i wanted them streams work grand....no EPG..fs.

any ideas?

Attachments

• xtream.jpg
    xtream.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 227
  • xtream.jpg
    xtream.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 174
Seem to be having the same problem as you channels load perfectly onto box in correct order but for the life of me can't get the epg to load on box can't seem to find epg map bulk edit rytec for epg like in the video

Was thinking if you installed epg importer and set it up and selected from the providers list xtream would this work. Ill give it a bash when im up after this shift

Did yours have map epg bulk edit rytec for adding epg channel ID? As mine only came up with 2 options xtream epg and iptv-epg.com so wasn't sure how to add epg ID to channels

Last edited:
mine had those two options, its the same now for the lists on standard, there is no bulk edit. i chose the xtream epg and assigned the channels accordingly

Just a quick question, I know your using pro to setup 5 box template. But did you just use xtream epg to assign epg channel ID for each channel for your own box and that worked fine for you because that seems to be the bit on stuck on at the minute cheers mate.

No the first time I set up a list with xtream editor standard, only a few days ago and in there it was exactly like the video tutorial, now it's changed for whatever reason.

I raised a ticket.. tried what they said..and it made no difference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170526-130237.jpg
    Screenshot_20170526-130237.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 208
Same raised a ticket about adding epg and why I can't find map epg bulk rytec. the reply was they have changed the platform now and to use xtream epg and once the epg channel ID goes green the assignment is correct. But that is were I get stuck doing the follow everything turns green so must be doing it right but still no epg but all the channels and bouquets transfer over.

Exactly sane situation m8. Raised a ticket myself and mentioned theres a few others with same issue and got the argument "we have hundreds of people signed up recently and no complaints"

That's not helpful and I just paid for a subscription and credits

So i have my list already and transfered to box
Went to do me dads so i presumed instead of me going threw all epg setting again id copy the list then edit m3u, add app code, all epg there but channels wont work
What am I doing wrong

im in same/similar situation, last week was using xtream editor, had map epg bulk rytec, I had everthing everything working at that time , box (zgemma had to be reflashed), , but now dont have map epg bulk rytec option
also now for me it will only send 1 bouquet to the box, also sent support ticket, pretty much told me I cant now send more than 1 as 25 channel restriction in the free trial
anyone know an alternative??

Hi all
I have iptv running with the existing and when I have a sheduled recording on the normal Tv it doesn't record if I have been on the iptv has anyone any ideas or is this no longer possible
Wife is going to kill me because it's effecting her eastenders

my provider sent me a link to put extreme tv on my zgemma, had to send him the code that was on the screen once i opened the plugin so he could 'verify' it and send me a trial, looks very basic i wonder will i be able to cross everything any easy way of doing it without an m3u file? oh and is the updated video available in case i do manage to get an m3u file??

The way around that 25 restriction is simple...sign up for a a years gold.

As for the epg issue that most are having..if you download epg importer open it set it to run automatically (about 40 mins before or after cross epg)
press blue and take the tick off rytec UK go down to bottom of list and select xtream go back press yellow to run a manual scan and your epg should load

If this works for you remember to set import epg to disable on the xtream editor.

My advice would be to set cross epg downloader, xtream editor and epg importer to auto run around 30 mins apart. I.e 06.00am, 06.30am, 7.00am

Note the epg importer takes a while to complete like 15-20 mins at times and runs in the background so once scan starts you can back out of it

Ok I got that to work for one box and it's back to the same situation..anyome else have any luck.. this was the reply from my raised ticket

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170527-160148.png
    Screenshot_20170527-160148.png
    227.7 KB · Views: 192
Djrobmac great tutorial video,got set up no problem at all,only thing I had problems with was getting all of the epg id for the channels,like sky movies scfi wouldn't come up with anything plus will all the iptv save to my hard drive?

@djrobmac - you've probably said this elsewhere, but can I check which box you're using? I'm on a Zgemma 2S, your box seems much more responsive.

Also mine has stopped allowing me to flash from any usb sticks, so am looking to upgrade... trying to figure out if I should go all the way to Vu+ Solo2, or if the h2s will suffice.

All of which is to say, I hope you're using the h2s :)

@djrobmac - you've probably said this elsewhere, but can I check which box you're using? I'm on a Zgemma 2S, your box seems much more responsive.

Also mine has stopped allowing me to flash from any usb sticks, so am looking to upgrade... trying to figure out if I should go all the way to Vu+ Solo2, or if the h2s will suffice.

All of which is to say, I hope you're using the h2s :)

For what it's worth
I was using an Edision OS mini for CS
I bought a Mag 254 when CS went tits up

Got a months IPTV sub for the Mag
Got a trial from our friend here for the OS mini
My conclusion:
The Edision changes channel a lot quicker and just seems more responsive
DJRob is very responsive.
Once you've figured out Xtream Editor, it's a breeze.

Cheers for all your help Rob

Djrobmac great tutorial video,got set up no problem at all,only thing I had problems with was getting all of the epg id for the channels,like sky movies scfi wouldn't come up with anything plus will all the iptv save to my hard drive?

Try this, it's an xml file with the epg codes. I got these from the xtream-editor - EPG-ID assignment - Xtream datasource on the righthand side of the page.

Attachments

• EPG Codes.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 122
Doesn't look like he wants to put the video back up as he's now selling IPTV and charging extra for getting it on the box with full epg etc so he won't want people doing it themselves.

If anyone else who knows how to do it could make a quick vid I'm sure everyone would appreciate it

so i just viewed the video on the youtube page and the last step mentions emailing your QR code to an email address. Is this a way of trying to get you signed up to another IPTV service? I already have a subscription elsewhere but want to use this method. How can i get a tutorial using my own provider/m3u file?

so i just viewed the video on the youtube page and the last step mentions emailing your QR code to an email address. Is this a way of trying to get you signed up to another IPTV service? I already have a subscription elsewhere but want to use this method. How can i get a tutorial using my own provider/m3u file?

You can't now. He's now selling IPTV so won't show you how to do it

If I can do this anyone can ;)

Demonstrated on an Edison Osmini, tutorial on Zgemma H2S

Do not disable the daily check on CROSSEPG

I forgot to mention you don't need to FTP into your box at all, if you just download the ipk onto a usb stick you can load it from there (so no additional software or computer knowledge needed)

I hope this is a simple fix but inalready have a iptv subsription so when i get to the xtream editor part of the tutorial and click yellow button for settings i get something saying no lineID defined plaease link wih this app??? Im snookered here lol

Any help?

You need to go to the xtream editor site and activate the id using the code in the plugin displayed
Yeah but when i go to that site it asks me for the code which i have and a login ID which is 32 characters long apparantly but i dont know what that is lol

For anyone still struggling to get Xtream editor up and running (with EPG) for their subscription.

It's worth raising a ticket with your IPTV service provider to see if they have a 'corporate' account with Xtream.

Mine did - they charge an extra £1 a month for it and it was working on my box in a matter of minutes. All I needed was the user account details for Xtream and the QR code from the plugin.

Hope this helps.

Back