Sky in France

makido

VIP Member
This might be a daft question but if you dont know then this is the best place to ask, so here goes.
A family member as just moved to France, can he pick our sky up through a dish.
Also they have a tv aerial up but have been told that English tvs wont work on a French aerial, is that right?

They have their gzemma box with them, so according to the second link it is possible. They dont have internet installed at the minute so iptv is out

You should be able to use zone2 dish
60cm I think in certain parts of france
You might need 100cm dish for maximum
Signal

Yeah that could be an option couldnt it? Thanks @linesman66 Will pass on the link.
If they decide to go for the dish option, it will most probably be me fitting it, so you think the bigger the better yeah? And I should definitely pick us up, I dont wanna fail before I start

Sat lines work in France but like in uk, they need internet connection to box.
Tell him to take a free test to see what clears when he gets interwebs installed

Ive been fishing Limousin area quite a few times , 28.2 is reachable there, its pretty much slap bang in centre of France if you look at a map. Famous for cows and cars
Cool thanks for that, knew you guys would know. Just wanting the FTA stuff at the min. I can try my sky line whilst im over.
Ive only ever fitted one dish, so not sure how it will go, but ive gotta try if it saves them a few quid.

Yeah that could be an option couldnt it? Thanks @linesman66 Will pass on the link.
If they decide to go for the dish option, it will most probably be me fitting it, so you think the bigger the better yeah? And I should definitely pick us up, I dont wanna fail before I start
Some TPs on 28e use a UK spot beam, according to Satbeams Astra 2G has the smallest spot beam, Limoges is right on the edge of it so you should be alright, the diagram below says 65cm dish but a bigger dish might be better, you could always ask advice from some of the neighbours, maybe you should learn a few french phrases, - "Quelle taille d’antenne parabolique est nécessaire pour Sky UK" or "où est le pub le plus proche"

Astra 2G spot beam
Sat Beam France 2 (2).jpg

Use a 900 mm fixed dish and it will be more than capable of picking up 28 e satellite and not much difference in price,Use a travel router with a sim dongle with a fixed ethernet cable from router to box and you will get the available encrypted channels and uses very little internet for that so around 2/3 GB per month will be fine.

Or for the time being I could/they could open up their internet on their phone. Until they have their internet connected. That should run it, shouldn't it?
Think I am all set now to give it a bash

Oh yeah the zgemma isn't wifi. Good thinking!!
Will order one now. I already have a sat finder, so hopefully im all set. Can you think of anything else, that I may need.

Back