SKY - Not allowed to drill holes?!?

akhlaq768

Just had 3 SKY engineers come to my property to install SKY TV, but somehow they are not able to start the installation, because they are NOT allowed to drill through internal walls…

I couldn’t believe my ears when they told me, only a week ago VIRGIN MEDIA happily through internal walls to run their cabling through, but somehow SKY are unable to do so…

Now I’m stuck with no TV and don’t know where to turn, can anyone recommend a solution for me, I’m stuck at the moment.

thats true sky engineers wont drill through internal walls either get them to take cable over the roof or have a drill ready and drill the holes yourself

probably because some dead beat living in a damp terrace has sued them for wallpaper at a grand a roll!!!

Last edited:
I have seen one propped up on the floor..the "outlaws" live in a mobile chalet and the cant attach anything to the roof or side of building so it sits by the front door and his sly works fine..!!

Is it not possible to run the cable around the skirting board, even temporarily, just to get it installed?

You can then re-route the cable after drilling through your internal walls yourself.

If that's the case, why not drill a 30mm hole yourself? ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

wheelo into golf putting lol,largest drill bit i bought was 22,and by gad that was some vibrator when in use.

Find a place that rents power tools in town, rent a rotary hammer drill and also a 1/2 to 3/4" masonry drill and make the holes yourself.

Check for and pipes or electrical wires before you start drill, electricity and steel drill bits don't mix well.

The sky engineers made a second visit and this time the cabling was fitting, but it's not a good job

They didn't even place a wall plug and ran the cabling over a pitch roof without tacking against the wall

Not very impressed with sky at all

It's shoddy work to just throw a cable over a roof without securing it
Over time - the wind will move it back and forth until the ridge tile wears though the cable's outer casing.

Before you know it, water gets in and runs straight down the cable and into the receiver

Back