sky q box returned back, how can i get freeview channels now? (what lnb do i need? hardware box?)

wakkaday

i had sky q installed and it uses a different system and ive cancelled and returned the box, now i have the cable feed, but what digital box can i get to pick up the freeview sky channels?

can i get a cheap sky q box or will it not work?

what lnb do i need to buy to change the one on the dish? is it an easy diy job

what third party box do you recommend to get the sky feed?

thank you

You need to change the SkyQ lnb to a standard universal lnb and you can use an Enigma2 box with sat tuners to watch freesat.

i had sky q installed and it uses a different system and ive cancelled and returned the box, now i have the cable feed, but what digital box can i get to pick up the freeview sky channels?

can i get a cheap sky q box or will it not work?

what lnb do i need to buy to change the one on the dish? is it an easy diy job

what third party box do you recommend to get the sky feed?

thank you
When you had sly q put in didn't you ask them to run some universal lnb cable for you as willo mentioned you have to completely change the cable and make sure you don't attach it to the sly q ports on the dish most come with lnb for q the first 2 ports then the last 4 for freesat/sly+hd

When you had sly q put in didn't you ask them to run some universal lnb cable for you as willo mentioned you have to completely change the cable and make sure you don't attach it to the sly q ports on the dish most come with lnb for q the first 2 ports then the last 4 for freesat/sly+hd

I've not heard of having to change the cable :unsure: I thought it was just a matter of changing the SkyQ wideband LNB for a universal, hybrid or unicable LNB?

No I just seem to have 2 cables which have been run through ... will check though . But it is definitely sky q compliant ... I would hate to have to run the cable

I would/might have said if you had a hybrid lnb and your 2 feeds were for sky q and other room was freesat.
Meaning move those 2 sky q feeds to ports that can use other boxes and as said change lnb.
Sat dish on ground does not a ladder,but as we cannot see how high or where your dish is can assume yes.

Back