sky q lnb

My brother just moved in an house with existing double sky feeds. He has an old sky HD box so was going to use that for free view but just found out the lnb is Sky Q one and he is getting no signama message on old HD box.

So does that mean it will not work on Zgemma either?

So his options are either get a new wideband Lnb as per this thread or can he also get a second hand sky Q box off fleabay ?

The question is whether any secondhand sky q box work without the card ?

Probably cheaper to replace the lnb but he does not have a ladder. Also he is going to use purely for free view so not bothered for future proofing for e2 lines etc at the moment.

Cheers

My brother just moved in an house with existing double sky feeds. He has an old sky HD box so was going to use that for free view but just found out the lnb is Sky Q one and he is getting no signama message on old HD box.

So does that mean it will not work on Zgemma either?

So his options are either get a new wideband Lnb as per this thread or can he also get a second hand sky Q box off fleabay ?

The question is whether any secondhand sky q box work without the card ?

Probably cheaper to replace the lnb but he does not have a ladder. Also he is going to use purely for free view so not bothered for future proofing for e2 lines etc at the moment.

Cheers
The sky q lnb won't work with zgemmas it needs changing bud sky q won't work without a viewing card

Cheers mate . So basically can't use sky q box without an active subscription?

Looks like he better off investing on a new ladder.
Tried mine today, fta channels work fine

If you can’t change the lnb, have a look at the new freesat boxes. They work with wideband lnbs.

Back