Sky Q over Cat 6

taj89

Hi Guys hope everyone is well.

I'm having an issue on a job by getting Sky Q to the clients bedroom via Cat 6. I have used a few difference hdmi to cat converters the latest being HDbaseT but still no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have done all the obvious checked the cables & crimps etc.

Thanks,

Taj

Hi Guys hope everyone is well.

I'm having an issue on a job by getting Sky Q to the clients bedroom via Cat 6. I have used a few difference hdmi to cat converters the latest being HDbaseT but still no joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have done all the obvious checked the cables & crimps etc.

Thanks,

Taj
I would suggest you try these steps to connect the SkyQ system:
Single SkyQ box with single TV...
1 Connect the main SkyQ box to the Sky incoming satellite cable.
2 If satellite cable too short ask Sky to install new satellite cable connection to main SkyQ box location.
3 Alternatively run extension satellite cable from existing Sky satellite cable connection to main SkyQ box.
4 Connect a HDMI cable from main SkyQ box into TV HDMI Port.
Additional SkyQ Multiroom Mini box...
5 Consider installing a SkyQ Multiroom Mini box in the bedroom that can be connected by WiFi to main box, or by Cat6 cable into a Broadband Router LAN Port, then connect another Cat6 cable from the Router into the main SkyQ box downstairs, so the two SkyQ boxes are connected.
I always connect LAN to LAN and HDMI to HDMI, but I did read somewhere about complicated and expensive equipment that connects LAN to HDMI for Home Cinema systems.
Search online for more information...
Sky Q Mini Box Self Install in 4 Easy Steps [2020 Guide]
How to fix Sky Q connectivity problems
Setting up Sky Q | Sky Help

Last edited:
Back