sky reward scheme.... what a sham lol

userlee5267

TK Veteran
I had a email stating because i have been with sky for nearly 15 years now, and i am a platinum customer. So i sign up using the app as stated in high hopes of something nice, platinum member must be something good, a choice of..................... a free film to watch, a chance to win a holiday to iceland, some tickets for football macthes or cricket all fully booked. Well im glad i wasn't a silver member. Then today my sky router stops working, smells of burning and keeps dropping signal, phoned them up to ask for a new one (this one is around 2 years old now) was told they don't give out free routers as the 1 year warrranty as passed, even though im still in contract for another year as that was the only way to get a offer was to sign up again for another year. They want £48 plus delivery charges of £8.99. Stick that up your arse get one of ebay. terrible, would go elsewere but ts the only provider i aint had any problems with at all with fibre lol

I had a email stating because i have been with sky for nearly 15 years now, and i am a platinum customer. So i sign up using the app as stated in high hopes of something nice, platinum member must be something good, a choice of..................... a free film to watch, a chance to win a holiday to iceland, some tickets for football macthes or cricket all fully booked. Well im glad i wasn't a silver member. Then today my sky router stops working, smells of burning and keeps dropping signal, phoned them up to ask for a new one (this one is around 2 years old now) was told they don't give out free routers as the 1 year warrranty as passed, even though im still in contract for another year as that was the only way to get a offer was to sign up again for another year. They want £48 plus delivery charges of £8.99. Stick that up your arse get one of ebay. terrible, would go elsewere but ts the only provider i aint had any problems with at all with fibre lol
I find too much information is not good for the bb providers.

If it was me I'd of said the Internet is running slow and I can't buy your movies on demand. A sky engineer would of been out the next day with a new hub.

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Have you got your login details from your router... Not so easy. If you buy one from ebay how are you going to change the log in details??

meant another sky router
But the sky routers are already programmed with owners details with no way of changing them unless sky can do it. You would need to get your details from your existing sky router by running some special software to extract your login details and then use a 3rd party router. Sky do not support 3rd party routers and will not help you

Correct but it was the best thing I ever did plus there is an easier workaround nowadays. I'm on my second non sky hub with them and connection rock solid since stopped using their products. I could be wrong but think it's fibre they really have q problem with using your own on and not adsl.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

By the time you buy a decent router though your going to be looking £35-55 no doubt. Maybe you could get the new skyq router for the same money. I have one and i get usually 35-37mb over wifi and a constant 40mb out of the ethernet port, I only pay for 40mb. It was the sr102 square routers that had issues with a non shielded power supply.

Back