Sky Sports HD channels

Got football channels back with HD logo but audio is utter crap and stutters while video playsback fine ,also have the 720 channels which are fine.

I use two providers and have a few streams of sly football hd, some of them yes, have really bad audio.

Main event is fine , even 1080

Last edited:
I use two providers and have a few streams of sly football hd, some of them yes, have really bad audio.

Main event is fine , even 1080

Likewise, both of my separate providers are the same.

With cable they're still phasing out the old boxes.

They only offered the free V6 upgrade to Sports HD customers and basically said if you don't upgrade to a V6 you'll lose sports HD channels.

Movies will be next.

This all happened on satellite and eventually the majority went.

They give me a v6 box and i just have the basic channels, i know a few people with the same that phoned them up and asked them for the new box and got them, worth a try for anyone that wants one.

Official sub?

My sky sports are via an official Sly sub on IPTV, I only know cos a message came on screen the other day saying to insert the new viewing card. They are not perfect HD, but they are miles better than SD and I don't get issues with audio.

US channels are full HD though, pictures are always perfect.

My sky sports are via an official Sly sub on IPTV, I only know cos a message came on screen the other day saying to insert the new viewing card. They are not perfect HD, but they are miles better than SD and I don't get issues with audio.

US channels are full HD though, pictures are always perfect.

Yeah I've had the green EPG 'reminder' prompt pop up on some of mine too.

Majority of the time I prefer watching the games on NBC, I really like their coverage.

They give me a v6 box and i just have the basic channels, i know a few people with the same that phoned them up and asked them for the new box and got them, worth a try for anyone that wants one.
you don't want to do that, the more people that voluntarily switch to the V6 the quicker they will turn off the old boxes using cards.

My old box was playing up all the time so they said they would send me a new one out, and they did, they are supposed to be stopping issueing them by the end of the year so i dont think theres anything to worry about yet as regards to turning off the old boxes and theres far too many of them being used, i have 2 nephews both working as engineers for vm and one of them has the same set up as me , the v6 box and a zgemma h2h, the last time I spoke with him, he told me as far as he knew they had no plans to replace all the old boxes, its not worth the cost.

my provider is still using the SD channels and upscaling them, they are working fine would prefer them to be in full "proper" HD though

Mine were HD, then looked more like SD, now gone to somewhere between SD and HD. Plus I now have Virgin Sports Extra, whatever that is? There is nothing on it at the moment, so I assume it's just for certain events.

Mine were HD, then looked more like SD, now gone to somewhere between SD and HD. Plus I now have Virgin Sports Extra, whatever that is? There is nothing on it at the moment, so I assume it's just for certain events.
I was wondering what that channel was, its not on the v6 vm box, is it just an iptv channel.

I was wondering what that channel was, its not on the v6 vm box, is it just an iptv channel.

It's got no EPG either so I don't know what going to be on it. I had a Google for it and found nothing, I thought it may be Virgin red button or something.

The FHD Sky Sports channels have all turned to SD on all 4 of my subs now.
I also noticed the websites have shutdown and they all are no longer taking credit for subs or renewals.
4 major providers too!

Back