Sky Sports HD channels

Who knows for sure, i dont think it will be completely gone, but it may have a major affect, i watch some programmes on RTE channels that are blocked out on my genuine vm v6 box, plus my cable sub on my zgemma, some sports programmes, but they work ok on iptv so they couldnt be getting them from cable to stream on iptv.

No i will never agree with that , never, if i had to choose between SD cable or sat over iptv hd, then only one winner and its not iptv.

No i will never agree with that , never, if i had to choose between SD cable or sat over iptv hd, then only one winner and its not iptv.
I would second that just think when we had C/S all HD and SD on sly to now don't get me wrong iptv still has major room for improvement but how I look at it is does it come from main source to whoever then passed to end user could that compromise the actual quality we receive as customers and plus with it been streamed mad idea just how i think lol

SD IP looks like 340p.

I've seen some brilliant HD quality streams though, near enough what you'd get with an official sub.

Definitely . I have BT as well and the picture quality on some HD stuff iptv is just as good.
Father has sat cable and iptv and iptv is just as good in my opinion

Definitely . I have BT as well and the picture quality on some HD stuff iptv is just as good.
Father has sat cable and iptv and iptv is just as good in my opinion

It's all supplier dependent.

Its not as good as the original source obviously and never will be.

Its far from SD though, all depends what source they're coming from.

I Think it will improve in time, I just hope the day never comes when its a choice between iptv and a genuine sub, heh, heh.

Judging by what's been going on recently I don't think we're far off.

Saying that us who can't have cable live in that world anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that the Sky sports HD and FHD always seem a bit less sharp but if you watch baseball or NFL on the USA channels, they look absolutely spot on FHD, even though they're only 720p.

Got football channels back with HD logo but audio is utter crap and stutters while video playsback fine ,also have the 720 channels which are fine.

Got football channels back with HD logo but audio is utter crap and stutters while video playsback fine ,also have the 720 channels which are fine.
Similar for me, my sub was up and i never bothered re-newing, didn't use it enough, plus RTE does not have the uefa nations on this time, so not much point for iptv for me anymore.

Similar for me, my sub was up and i never bothered re-newing, didn't use it enough, plus RTE does not have the uefa nations on this time, so not much point for iptv for me anymore.

In future do you think it will be IPTV or nothing ? I've heard the UK channels on CS are getting less and less

Its all still ok for me, Cables still got everything apart from the sky sports hd and still plenty of good channels on sat sub.

Why is it the sports has gone off but not everything else ? Surely they'd shut the whole lot down

I know sports Mix and Sports news is still working

Its just HD on the others, its from when VM brought out the new v6 boxes, it changed, its to do with them being cardless, as mix and news sd are on vm at the minute on their basic packages, they mustn't have bothered with them.

Its just HD on the others, its from when VM brought out the new v6 boxes, it changed, its to do with them being cardless, as mix and news sd are on vm at the minute on their basic packages, they mustn't have bothered with them.
Not only that I think it's partly to do with what sky is charging on HD didn't virgin lose Dave and a couple of others and hold recently but got them back

Back