SKYBOX F5 freezing every 5 secs

Hi all

i have a skybox f5, all of a sudden the box keeps freezing. I restart it and it works ok for 5 secs and thats it, it freezes. I have updated the channel list and still no luck. Please help, has anyone got a fix for this?

thanks in advanced

sounds like the image.abs file as become corrupted. have you been connecting to the box using the lan tool.

lan tool is software you can use to connect to the skybox from a pc or laptop too transfer files. channel list, lines and firmware files, but I take it you haven't

if you can press the menu button before it freezes you may be able to update the firmware of the network that should sort it.

in the options goto network local setting

select upgrade by network
press ok
highlight firmware and press right arrow to select
openbox v5s firmware
press ok button

the box has been worse since ysterday, wont stay active for the search to finish keeps freezing, with green lines/stripes down the screen, any thing else i could try?

---------- Post Merged at 12:33 PM ----------

also when updating from the network it errored out as it was unable to connect to the server, i do have a f5 box not a f5s does this make a difference ?

Last edited:
It don't sound to good your sat box. it may be time for a new one. green lines and stripes something internal is about to blow. or the power supply is faulty which may all add up to your first main problem.

Hello,

I have an "same" and big problem with Skybox F3. Yes the box are to old but my parents dont wont any new box.

It freezes periodicly when the box is connected to the LAN network and sometimes without. Did try everything include factory reset, deleted constant.cw and other two file according information from internet, flashed another firmware also eeprom recovery firmware, tested on different dish but same problem..

The Picture and the sound continues to run when it freezes but it is not operable with the remote control and the front buttons.

If any have any idea what i can do else please tell me.

Finally maybe it is a hardware failure something on the chip, processor or power supply. A 2 years ago i replaced some capacitors on the power supply and checked again but all seems to be fine now with the capacitors..

Thanks in advance !

Regards !

Last edited:
Last post before yours was 3 years ago..
But If you dont like change there Is F3 Ebay £18.00 or there is one on auction for £8.00 no bidders..

Attachments

• 20191102_134201.jpg
    20191102_134201.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20191102-135108_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191102-135108_eBay.jpg
    1,007.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back