skyNEW Skin V2.008 By Chababu (EPG Tabs and Movie Selection included)

urie

TK Veteran
Here is repacked, skyNEW Skin V2.008 By Chababu
EPG Tabs and Movie Selection included also EpgSelection.py edited to so it can page up page down on main epg screen rather than -24 hours and +24 hours

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 143
  • enigma2-plugin-skins-skynew_V2.008_Chababu_all.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 210
Hi guys.
Ive just installed this and now got a boot loop.
I've looked in with FTP and there's 2 folders in usr/share/Enigma2 which i deleted but its still not booting.
What other files do I need to delete
Thanks

Hi guys.
I've looked in with FTP and there's 2 folders in usr/share/Enigma2 which i deleted but its still not booting.
Thanks
Telnet in

init 4

FTP in to /etc/enigma2/

Open the settings file

You may or may not have a line in there like this

config.skin

Remove that live save file

init 3

After reboot it should boot to images default skin

Telnet in

init 4

FTP in to /etc/enigma2/

Open the settings file

You may or may not have a line in there like this

config.skin

Remove that live save file

init 3

After reboot it should boot to images default skin
Thanks ferret i just got it back online a couple of minutes ago before you posted thanks to @Abu Baniaz but i'm saving this hopefully i won't mess up again.

Hi guys.
Thanks
well some more info would help what are you running it is python 2 only will only work on that example openatv 6.4 but that is EOL , would seem as if you have updated to 7.3 , 7.0 EOL 7.2 EOL
the fact you can still ftp to machine you could have tried via terminal opkg remove enigma2-plugin-skins-skynew or opkg remove enigma2-plugin-skins-skynew_V2.008_Chababu_all.

but just noticed @Ferret. has posted so that will stop skin trying to load

some folders to delete:
usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\ChabsSkins
usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Converter , any files in there with chabs
usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Renderer , any files in there with chabs
usr\lib\enigma2\python\Screens files EpgSelection.py , EpgSelection.py.bak , and MovieSelection.py
\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components MovieList.py file

Have you installed the tabs mod?

You'll have to delete the epgselection.py file

usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens

You'll need to send in the original file.

What image version and date is your image?

my mistake I should have said rather than deleate all these EpgSelection.py , EpgSelection.py.bak , and MovieSelection.py
but deleteEpgSelection.py ,, and MovieSelection.py then rename EpgSelection.py.bak to EpgSelection.py thats why I did have backup file there in ipk

well some more info would help what are you running it is python 2 only will only work on that example openatv 6.4 but that is EOL , would seem as if you have updated to 7.3 , 7.0 EOL 7.2 EOL
the fact you can still ftp to machine you could have tried via terminal opkg remove enigma2-plugin-skins-skynew or opkg remove enigma2-plugin-skins-skynew_V2.008_Chababu_all.

but just noticed @Ferret. has posted so that will stop skin trying to load

some folders to delete:
usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\ChabsSkins
usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Converter , any files in there with chabs
usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Renderer , any files in there with chabs
usr\lib\enigma2\python\Screens files EpgSelection.py , EpgSelection.py.bak , and MovieSelection.py
\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components MovieList.py file
Thanks yeah I started off just deleting the 2 folder that came with the skin which didn't stop the boot loopSo I copied the whole usr/Enigma2/share onto my pc and then deleted nearly everything in that folder off the box but still no luck.
I then opened the actual files files on my laptop to see where they had been installed to went to them folders and deleted them on the box and also renamed the EpgSelection.py.bak to EpgSelection.py and Abu noticed a error about a "po" folder missing from the skin folder and once I copied that back on it came back.

No I didn't install the tabs mod I should have looked at the original post in hindsight.
I've now deleted that file and I'm on 6.3 007 not sure on the date.

Thanks yeah I started off just deleting the 2 folder that came with the skin which didn't stop the boot loopSo I copied the whole usr/Enigma2/share onto my pc and then deleted nearly everything in that folder off the box but still no luck.
I then opened the actual files files on my laptop to see where they had been installed to went to them folders and deleted them on the box and also renamed the EpgSelection.py.bak to EpgSelection.py and Abu noticed a error about a "po" folder missing from the skin folder and once I copied that back on it came back.
there is no po folder in the skin folder but it is in usr share\enigma2 or share enigma2

No I didn't install the tabs mod I should have looked at the original post in hindsight.
I've now deleted that file and I'm on 6.3 007 not sure on the date.
Now I am confused did you download the ipk in this section it does have the tabs mod included

skyNEW Skin V2.008 By Chababu (EPG Tabs and Movie Selection included) but either way tabs do not work on VIX even with later skins

But anyway all that matters is you are back up and running again

there is no po folder in the skin folder but it is in usr share\enigma2 or share enigma2
Yeah i meant in that folder just being lazy not typing it all.
yep i downloaded the ipk above i thought he meant there was a separate tabs mod i needed beforehand.

Yeah i meant in that folder just being lazy not typing it all.
yep i downloaded the ipk above i thought he meant there was a separate tabs mod i needed beforehand.
yes normally you would need to copy all the mods separately and add each file manually

as in:
EPG Tabs Selection
==================

For tabs you will need the python file for it. This is for Open ATV

You need to extract the EpgSelection.py file .rar file attached.

ftp: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/

Rename the EpgSelection.pyo file in there to EpgSelection-new.pyo

Then COPY the extracted EpgSelection.py to:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/

And restart your box

Then you need to go 2 Chabs Skins Plugins and select either Chabs Tabs Default or Chabs Tabs Alternative and press yes to restart your box again.

You should have tabs working...

===========================================================
MOVIE SELECTION settings
==============================
put the two .py files in corresponding folders.

copy MovieSelection.py to usr/lib/enigma2/python/screens
copy MovieList.py to usr/lib/enigma2/python/components

I may reflash anyway when i get a spare minute i think i have deleted files unnecessarily as i went into the plugins menu and a pop up not appears saying some plugins are unavailable
Extensions/EPGSearch(No module named screen) and same with Jedi Maker so i removed them and restarted then re installed to get the same message

I may reflash anyway when i get a spare minute i think i have deleted files unnecessarily as i went into the plugins menu and a pop up not appears saying some plugins are unavailable
Extensions/EPGSearch(No module named screen) and same with Jedi Maker so i removed them and restarted then re installed to get the same message
if you deleted user\enigma2 files then all you plugins will be gone most are stored in \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins Extensions folder and SystemPlugins

So get your system backup and running but do try and make settings backups and fullbackups when making changes. then you can be backup and running within a few minutes.

Just looked in them 2 folders and they all seem to be there
try removing \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins Extensions /EPGSearch and Jedi Maker folders manually then reboot gui and try reinstalling them you may also need to remove epgimporter also

Back