Slow motion when changing channels

I've just set up my new box, all working well but I have noticed that when I change channels the first second or so of the stream looks like it is playing in slow motion. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am running OpenATV 6.2.

The slow motion happens when changing fta satellite channels. I read people had the same issue with iptv. Seems like a software issue.

I've never used a H9S but have read something similar on this forum recently
what softcam are you using?
it's almost certain to be hardware or software related :grin:
unless it's haunted

EDIT:
see these other threads to see if there's anything similar, although most mentions of 'slow motion' in this forum are concerned with IPTV streams:
http://www.techkings.org/threads/zgemma-h9s-lip-sync-problems-on-iptv-streams.141243/#post-881075

http://www.techkings.org/threads/ts-stutter-on-e2-but-vlc-is-fine.143121/#post-904858

Last edited:
I would also like to know a solution to this problem, it only happens on FTA channels on my H9S. Iptv works fine, very weird.

It’s only a slight slow mo and audio sync for about a second and then it catches up and it’s fine. Annoying but a major issue.

Would still love to know why though?

Any help would be appreciated.

This seems to be an issue with Zgemma ARM boxes, H7 & H9 boxes in particular, never heard of it on other non-ARM boxes of any make, i'd welcome comments either confirming or refuting this

Well at least its not just me having the same issue. Wonder whats causing it?

Could it be anything to do with OpenATV and the 4k ARM processor?
Like I was saying I am using Jedi Xtream editor for IPTV and that changes channels quick, no delay.
I also am using Whooshbuild, but surely that wouldn't cause the issue?

Well at least its not just me having the same issue. Wonder whats causing it?

Could it be anything to do with OpenATV and the 4k ARM processor?
Like I was saying I am using Jedi Xtream editor for IPTV and that changes channels quick, no delay.
I also am using Whooshbuild, but surely that wouldn't cause the issue?

I think as Willo mentioned on the thread I posted it appears to be an issue with the ARM processor on 4K boxes and not just attached to the image, as I used Vix on the octagon 4k UHD box

There's always the possibility it's the softcam, as far as I'm aware, you can only use either oscam or CCcam2.3.2 on those boxes
Maybe swapping from one to the other might fix it?

Back