Smart iptv app endless problems

gibbsy09

Hi just as title really fed up with this app you have it for seven day trial then you have to pay for it and it isn't cheap over £5 to be exact and what I have found so far is 0 support for this app.
The reason we got it was it was the only app that would play with my dad's firestick and our iptv supplier at the time suggested it.

We've had problems but I won't go into those I'll just tell you about our current problem as I said my dad has an iptv supplier but right now we are having playback problems with VOD on external players Eg VLC,MX player and kodi all of them give a playback error but surely all the external players can't have the problem.

OK those with iptv will know that the supplier sends a feed and on the feed you have your options Eg iptv programs sports uk movies etc they're all fine apart from some buffering now and again.

So the main problem is the VOD it just won't play from any external players getting a playback error from all of them the error reads can't play media check library on VLC and on kodi it says check log so pretty similar.

So any idea guys I don't have iptv the now but it's my dads and I'm trying to fix it for him I cleared the cache on all players and also on siptv and still no joy we only have the firestick remote and to be honest it doesn't give alot of options regarding trying to get into settings to fix things maybe I'm missing something but I am long pressing the OK button and it gives me some options but it's pretty limited in my honest opinion I don't like the siptv app and as I said not much support there is a website but all I can see is a stupid FAQ and the activation section were they take your money so if anyone can help much appreciated because really getting frustrated with this app thanks.

try using perfect player, ur supplier should be able to give u instructions how to input ur m3u and epg file.

oh
a whole fiver
and no player will play anyway, so that would suggest a supplier issue rather than an app one,
try a different supplier
have you tried the supplier on a PC.?

Hi just as title really fed up with this app you have it for seven day trial then you have to pay for it and it isn't cheap over £5 to be exact and what I have found so far is 0 support for this app.
The reason we got it was it was the only app that would play with my dad's firestick and our iptv supplier at the time suggested it.

We've had problems but I won't go into those I'll just tell you about our current problem as I said my dad has an iptv supplier but right now we are having playback problems with VOD on external players Eg VLC,MX player and kodi all of them give a playback error but surely all the external players can't have the problem.

OK those with iptv will know that the supplier sends a feed and on the feed you have your options Eg iptv programs sports uk movies etc they're all fine apart from some buffering now and again.

So the main problem is the VOD it just won't play from any external players getting a playback error from all of them the error reads can't play media check library on VLC and on kodi it says check log so pretty similar.

So any idea guys I don't have iptv the now but it's my dads and I'm trying to fix it for him I cleared the cache on all players and also on siptv and still no joy we only have the firestick remote and to be honest it doesn't give alot of options regarding trying to get into settings to fix things maybe I'm missing something but I am long pressing the OK button and it gives me some options but it's pretty limited in my honest opinion I don't like the siptv app and as I said not much support there is a website but all I can see is a stupid FAQ and the activation section were they take your money so if anyone can help much appreciated because really getting frustrated with this app thanks.

Try Installing STUBEMU
try the M3u Line on VLC player on a computer, phone, Tablet etc etc
Give the Line to someone else to try and see what results, pass to a MOD on the forum, and ask them to TEST
Is the suppler on here?
it could be the Codecs getting used on the VOD, this is known to cause problems
Loads of Reasons why and to put it at the blame of the provider is a Bit harsh.
Providers offer there services, but it is not down to the providers to support the App / Equipment you use and Purchased.
use the correct equipment for playing by IPTV, A Proper IPTV Box like a MAG or something along these lines.

Hi steptoe don't know if your being sarcastic about the price lol but I was just stating the fact that some guys don't charge for their apps and give much more support than siptv do.
I didn't know you could use perfect player with a provider but anyway I don't think you can use the remote with it either and I'd like to keep it as straight forward as possible for my dad.

Also it has to be in the same format as the siptv app as well as I was already informed by my supplier because I had a 24hour trial the other week with my dad's supplier and rather than pay the whole fiver lol for the siptv app my dads supplier kindly gave me the option to use the stb emu app which is free and I may add is a very good app if anyone is looking for a free app that let's you use the remote control as well.
So after my test I was happy and I then suggested to the supplier if he could change my dad over to the stb emu app but he said he couldn't because it would have to be in a different format so naturally I didn't think the guy was bullshiting me because it's the same provider that I had my sly with when I had my zgemma so that's why other apps are not an option for my dad hope you understand thanks.
Mbull that's really funny I posted after you mentioned the emu app lol it is a good app but if you read this you'll see it isn't an option for my dad thanks.​

your supplier is nothing to do with your app.
the app developer has charged you for the app

why would an app developer provide you with support for a poor iptv supplier.?

Hi steptoe I don't want to get into a slanging match with you I'm just commenting on my experience with the app so far I don't know if you use it it maybe it's fine for you but for us it is not I trust the provider so therefore I don't think he's the problem.
Have you been on siptv website there is no troubleshooting routes to follow to resolve problems if you google siptv app there's not alot of information out there so what does that mean if there's not alot of info out there does that mean the app runs flawlessly no, you pay for the app in good faith if you ever have problems can you contact the developer no, can I contact my dads provider yes has he helped in the past yes if you don't like what I'm saying about the app fine your intitled to your opinion and so am I, I came on here for help not to dispute who's right or wrong thanks.

I might be wrong, but recently there seems to be a lot of people complaining about the smart app, but apart from uninstalling and reinstalling and changing buffer settings you are limited on what u can actually do. ive moved over to stb emu and its 100% better than the smart app

I have tried a few subs with the smart iptv app and it does not play vod especially mp4. It does play the live TV channels fine which us what most want.has said perfect player will prob be better a little bit more difficult to set up

Hi thanks everybody personally I would definitely go with the stbemu app with a sub it's simple to use free and you can also use a remote control this part I like.
Also I think with perfect player there is a pro version but stbemu is worth a punt.

On this occasion though I owe steptoe an apology it was my sub this time he e mailed me this morning and told me he was updating the vod section and that would explain all the problems.
But I do still stand by what I say that there should be more help for the siptv app but as si111 said if there's not much you can do with it then I suppose there doesn't need to be that much support.
So again steptoe I stand corrected and apologise but my dads sub is good and he is helpful so thanks.

Hi I'm having problems with perfect player. It will run fine for a couple days after installation, after that, HD channels start buffering and SD channels start playing 30 second loops of whatever you're watching over and over. This doesn't happen with GSE but perfect player has by far the better EPG

Any ideas?

Hi mate what about about the app we were talking about stbemu it has quite a simple epg but does what you need cheers.

hi guys
I think im having same problems all live channels work but no vod work at all just stays on loading page?
lg tv using siptv?
any suggestions?
thanks

Reload the line back on to Siptv - Ask your Supplier to do for you or get your m3u line and do it yourself..

Reload the APP

What does the converter do pal?
All my vod is mp4 and does not play on siptv surely that's how the streams are sent from server and converting them will not change them I could be wrong
See if you can get perfect player.on the LG and use that if not you will have to do with no vod

I think he's saying you need to get your m3u file and run it through the converter at the website provided then reload your m3u

Yes iad agree with above. Stb emu is better. Smart iptv app works ok for some and some struggle. It can be the supplier, your connection a range of things. I will say in this case i dont think the app is at fault tho.

Back