Smart TV - adjusting subtitles

c1raldo

I've currently got a non-smart tv with a Gigablue Quad HD box running Openvix; one of major things I like about the software is that you can adjust the subtitle positioning/font/colour etc... (I am Deaf so I have subtitles automatically enabled). This feature comes in really handy, especially when watching a sports match - I'd move the subtitle position to be at the very bottom of the screen so I get to enjoy commentary without the subtitles blocking the player/ball.

I am now looking to buy a smart tv with built in tuners as I want to mount it onto the wall. From my very limited experiences of using smart tvs, it would seem that as far as subtitles are concerned, there's nothing much beyond enabling/disabling them?

Would anyone have any knowledge on how adjustment of subtitles can be achieved on smart TVs?

I've currently got a non-smart tv with a Gigablue Quad HD box running Openvix; one of major things I like about the software is that you can adjust the subtitle positioning/font/colour etc... (I am Deaf so I have subtitles automatically enabled). This feature comes in really handy, especially when watching a sports match - I'd move the subtitle position to be at the very bottom of the screen so I get to enjoy commentary without the subtitles blocking the player/ball.

I am now looking to buy a smart tv with built in tuners as I want to mount it onto the wall. From my very limited experiences of using smart tvs, it would seem that as far as subtitles are concerned, there's nothing much beyond enabling/disabling them?

Would anyone have any knowledge on how adjustment of subtitles can be achieved on smart TVs?
I am pretty clued up on most things but 2 people come to mind on this question. See if i can tag them for you

I am pretty clued up on most things but 2 people come to mind on this question. See if i can tag them for you
Don't you have to put an @ in front of the name to tag someone :unsure:

Sorry, no idea. I've got a smart TV but all my viewing is via an E2 box or Firestick so use the subtitles on the devices.

(I'm not deaf, I just can't make out a word of what the Americans and Scots are on about most of the time).
I can now pick out the words 'people of scotland' and 'brexit' without subtitles....... oh and dozes means doses :ROFLMAO:

Adjust the caption settings. In the Accessibility settings, you will find a menu for caption settings. Here, you can turn the captions on and off simply by selecting the toggle next to the Caption option.

You can also use that same menu to adjust the caption mode or change the appearance of caption text. Options include letter size, font style, color of both text and background, and position on the screen.
This applies to samsung tv's not sure about other makes :unsure:

Thank you guys.
Don't you have to put an @ in front of the name to tag someone :unsure:

Sorry, no idea. I've got a smart TV but all my viewing is via an E2 box or Firestick so use the subtitles on the devices.

(I'm not deaf, I just can't make out a word of what the Americans and Scots are on about most of the time).
I can now pick out the words 'people of scotland' and 'brexit' without subtitles....... oh and dozes means doses :ROFLMAO:

I always thought there were no subtitles available with the firestick as my neighbour has one and it didn't seem to have subtitles when he was showing me various sky sports channels on it (Sky Sports are usually good for subtitles!) I have to look into this further.

Cheers!

Thank you guys.

I always thought there were no subtitles available with the firestick as my neighbour has one and it didn't seem to have subtitles when he was showing me various sky sports channels on it (Sky Sports are usually good for subtitles!) I have to look into this further.

Cheers!
Maybe it's just some of the apps on firestick that have subs. I have them on Netflix.

Thank you guys.

Cheers!
He was probably using IPTV on his firestick and if that was the case subtitles are provider specific you won’t get them on live tv on IPTV only on vod

Back