Hi Team/forum
Looking to update smartiptv app please, current 1.6
But app saying 1.10 available, tried a restart but no good,
Guess its via a apk or similar route,
Little guidance required please, probably got all required to continue
Appreciate replies
Thankyou All
Idledawn

Sorry I'm new to IPTV and learning as I go,am not sure what you mean re apk url and inserting in downloader,I used my android tablet to download the player onto installed it on said device then ran apps2fire to install it on the stick,if this is not what you mean then I apologise,if you can be a little more explicit in the problem you have I will try to help in my limited knowledge way..lol

Hi grouser
Dont undererestimate yourself,?im a tatter & love what were doing, im trying to update my paid smart iptv app to 1.6.10
Ive uninstalled & installed but no joy, so been told try downloader,
Where do i start?
Thanx
Idledawn

Hi grouser
Dont undererestimate yourself,?im a tatter & love what were doing, im trying to update my paid smart iptv app to 1.6.10
Ive uninstalled & installed but no joy, so been told try downloader,
Where do i start?
Thanx
Idledawn
First off I am not familiar with downloader ,I had no trouble using apps2fire that is why I recomended it,2nd Pardon me for asking but are you down loading the update onto an android device if so did you install on that device this is where apps2fire comes into it's own as once it as found all the apps installed on your android device you then select the one you wish to transfer across and after a minute or so its installed on the firestick

Off topic so I am sorry, but what is a "tatter"
A tatter, well, someone who likes to tatt, or mess with things with interest & learn & explore

Yes grouser, i have original app on stick, but unable to update, so do i need aps2fire? Where is that please?
Then if u could guide me, do i lose the smart app on my stick
Regards
Idledawn

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly as I see it you need a separate Android device to download the updated smart iptv APK app onto not the firestick,then to obtain apps2 fire you will find this on Google play store under apps2fire original down Load and install on the seprate android device then follow the instructions I posted on the link how to update, the second link on my original reply,my understanding of why you are unsuccessful so far is either you are using the stick to update smart iptv or a computer and this maybe why you are failing,as I said when I used this method it was done quickly.you should not lose the original app well I didn't lol,like I said you need a separate Android device to complete this process on not your firestick if that makes sense,

Many thanx grouser
Looks like i need addnl android device then.
Somewhere along the line i thought i could do it with downloader, but maybe not unless im doing it wrong.
Until i can get apps2 loaded i'm still at a loss,
All is working fine but just thought the 1.6.10 update would need doing as current on earlier app, surely the update would be easier than all this
Big thanx for all your replies
Appreciate
Thankyou
Idledawn

Have you tried just uninstalling the smart tv app on firestick then disconnect for a minute and reconnect to reset.
Back into main screen and reinstall the smart tv app which generally installs the latest version.
If you paid for the app then your info will still be held on their server.

Wonder if they are doing the update for the Samsung TV has new update is only for Android only, interesting to see if it installs on the Samsung or doesn't give you option.

Many thanx grouser
Looks like i need addnl android device then.
Somewhere along the line i thought i could do it with downloader, but maybe not unless im doing it wrong.
Until i can get apps2 loaded i'm still at a loss,
All is working fine but just thought the 1.6.10 update would need doing as current on earlier app, surely the update would be easier than all this
Big thanx for all your replies
Appreciate
Thankyou
Idledawn

I only went down that path due to the info I read on the web site after trying everything to No avail,if your app version player is ok then I wouldn't worry too much as you have gone this far without it but who knows what may happen in the future though,

Have you tried just uninstalling the smart tv app on firestick then disconnect for a minute and reconnect to reset.
Back into main screen and reinstall the smart tv app which generally installs the latest version.
I tried all that myself and nothing worked in as far as updating went then found the info I shared with Idledawn and it literally took a minute at best didn't have to even restart app or firestick it just worked from that moment and in settings it tells me I have latest player.I guess because it is listed as APK file on the Website it as to be manually updated,but as I am learning IPTV as I go along I would willingly stand corrected,but as this worked for me with No problem I offered OP this method,but it does state in the info that the APK file should be downloaded on any android device that is connected to the same WI-FI system as the stick...

Wonder if they are doing the update for the Samsung TV has new update is only for Android only, interesting to see if it installs on the Samsung or doesn't give you option.
Go to the first link in #2 and all the info you want re Samsung will be found there,I even emailed a few questions to them and they replied quite quickly so feel free to do the same,e if you can't find what your looking for..

Last edited:
Amazon are being bloody minded at present in deleting accounts/blocking apps etc so i think everything is currently try it and see what happens.

I wonder if because I have only got the Smart IPTV app and VLC installed and nothing else other Amazon Music and Photos which I can't delete but have stopped the use of as much as is possible,I should be looking over my shoulder in case I become the next victim of them lol...

They seem to leave users with a single device or a valid credit card alone at present.
They recently had a big purge on users with multiple devices and no valid charging card ability.

Hi Benijofar
Good to hear from you
Have tried reinstall but not like u mentioned, will try again, as like u mentioned i do own the app, & have the info to reinstall m3u etc, did contact siptv & they responded but apparently they mention update via downloader then apps2fire, but if your stick not associated with play store it creates an issue
Will try again
Big thnx
Idledawn

I would download the latest smart iptv app from the site to desk top on a pc then crate a folder called fire and put the apk in that.
On the fire stick download es file explorer from amazon.
Open that and go network/lan then scan it will find your pc type in user name and pass of pc then navigate to the fire folder u created then install the new app from there.
Takes 5 mins

Back