So i upgraded!

I got the VU+ Ultimo 4k Box

Problem:
i cant seem to connect to my wifi - i mean - it finds the wifi in a list of available wifi networks, but it will not connect to it. i cant see any wifi antenna on the back of the box, do i need to but a dongle for this or am i missing something? Reading the product description it says:
DualBand WiFi (2.4 / 5 GHz)

Ive tried changing config on my router (WPS OFF / WPA / WPA2 / Changing bands etc) but to no avail,

Last ditch attempt i tried a factory reset on my new box but it kept the wifi settings i had already entered.

Am i missing something?

Thanks

I've got a solo 4k and i do not need to connect any dongle. I know from experience that getting the wifi to work is a pain in the arse. I think you have to select wifi from the settings then network menu and disable the ethernet option.

Yes i would imagine you need a supported wifi dongle ? and maybe a driver download to get it running,hard wired is better

Yes i would imagine you need a supported wifi dongle ? and maybe a driver download to get it running,hard wired is better

In his first post mate he says that his box is picking up the wifi networks. I would guess that this means the wifi is built in.... It is on the solo4k.

Ultimo 4k has built in wi-fi. It could be the image you are using. I know someone that couldn't get it working on Open Atv 6.3 ,maybe that is the problem.

ok so it took me 48hrs to fix, but it turns out that the original box firmware was flawed, after connecting temporaraily via LAN cable i was able to flash open ATV 6.3 and from there on out the wifi was working correctly. so happy days

I tried the same thing with my vu ultimo went back to connecting the vu ultimo to the wire option conection to the router a lot better

Back