Social Advice

alcable

TK Veteran
What do you do with a neighbour above who is a noisy *******? Got cuffed tonight for going to his door and trying to kick it in to spank him.
What is the civilised solution to this as this has been doing this for 6 months and ive tried to ignore it, but tonight I just lost he plot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got cuffed tonight for going to his door and trying to kick it in to spank him.

From this sentence I get the impression that rather than asking for advice on how to approach a difficult situation with a neighbour, you're actually just wanting to gloat a bit that you kicked off.

What do you do with a neighbour above who is a noisy *******? Got cuffed tonight for going to his door and trying to kick it in to spank him.
What is the civilised solution to this as this prick has been doing this for 6 months and ive tried to ignore it, but tonight I just lost he plot?
If your neighbour's noise is bothering you, first try to have a friendly talk with them. Often people don't realise they are disturbing others and are happy to stop or reduce their noise. If talking with your neighbour doesn't work you can complain to your local council, the police and other authorities.

Unless its after 10 at night there is not much the police will do. All you can do is try talking to him but if you have kicked off it might not be an option.

From this sentence I get the impression that rather than asking for advice on how to approach a difficult situation with a neighbour, you're actually just wanting to gloat a bit that you kicked off.
No, I'm just wanting advice on how to approach this reasonably and what my options are. Not proud that it came to that last night and Id rather not repeat it.

No, I'm just wanting advice on how to approach this reasonably and what my options are. Not proud that it came to that last night and Id rather not repeat it.

You're probably past the point of amicable resolutions, keep a noise diary and go on your local council's website, they'll have a form for logging noise complaints.

I had a issue with noisy neighbours many years ago coming home drunk every night and playing music too 2am and i was waking knackered for work .After i had a chat with them about the noise they laughed in my face .So i contacted the local council who installed noise monitors for a few weeks then threaten to prosecute if the noise did not stop they moved soon after,

I had a mate a few years ago had problems like this. Young lads living next door selling drug's all hours music non stop. His Mrs left and he took his own life dreadful.

The dust has settled and tomorrow I'm gonna phone council and see what my options are, pretty sure laminate floors are a no in flats and that's half the problem, I can hear everything above.
Thanks for responses and advice guys.

The dust has settled and tomorrow I'm gonna phone council and see what my options are, pretty sure laminate floors are a no in flats and that's half the problem, I can hear everything above.
Thanks for responses and advice guys.
In what way been noisy we've got issues with our neighbours over things reported it to council but typical council take the p#ss as usual.
As others have said keep a note of what there doing time ect and if able to record then record it everyone blows their top and tbh I would've done same as you but not gone stopping round trying to kick their door in lol

In what way been noisy we've got issues with our neighbours over things reported it to council but typical council take the p#ss as usual.
As others have said keep a note of what there doing time ect and if able to record then record it everyone blows their top and tbh I would've done same as you but not gone stopping round trying to kick their door in lol
What if the noise is hanky panky. Might get himself in trouble recording it all the time 😙

Back