Solo SE v2 / Vu+ USB turbo cable tuner slow and freeze on some channels

reveri3

Hi Everyone,

I would like to offer my thanks in advance to anyone who offer their assistance.

So, i have a Solo SEv2 box which was running on S tuner but 2weeks ago, i decided i also wanted to feed in Cable, for which i purchased Vu+ USB turbo cable tuner. I was running BH3.0.2 initially when i first installed the usb cable tuner.

Now the issue im having is that only SOME SD channels zap/clear really really slow and constantly freeze, some even freeze for more than 30sec, while the other premium HD channels are running without any issues.

In terms of troubleshooting, i have done the following things:

1. Reflashed box from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3
2. Tried Cccam 2.1.3, 2.3.0 etc
3. Tried Mgcamd 1.35a, 1.38 etc
4. Tried different providers (the fact that HD channels dont have any issues doesnt make me suspect the provider much)

The first time i installed the USB tuner, i never got option to select the area ID, so the only thing i could do was select provider and just scan, it still did picked up the channels, albeit im not sure if its all or right way.

Just one more thing, i have absolutely none of this issue for sat channels.

i would say mgcamd over cccam but as above both work fine

what spiter are you useing

Well my modem is upstairs and my cable box is downstairs so VM have splitted the feed into my house, one going up to my room and one going into my lounge where the box is. Also, I guess ill try using vix image, is that original or just openvix? and how are they compared to BH/Enigma?

Many thanks!

Alright, so to update.

I flashed my box with the latest openvix image and then installed drivers for the Vu+ USB cable tuner. The first thing i discovered was that this image gave me option to enter network id for my cable tuner configuration. Blackhole/E2 doesnt give you this option. So believe this solves the first mystery for whch i had raised another post.

Secondly, there is a much bigger improvement with channel zapping and now 0 freezing. There are still one or 2 channels ive come across which zap a bit slow but not too bad. Now, while configuring tuners, i came across this option which allows you to set tuner priorities and which is the preferred one. I wasnt aware of this setting on BH/E2 but do you think i can go back to BH/E2 and try to adjust these settings to make C first then S? as it could be that the channels were always trying on same satellite version of the channel first which obviously doesnt work, it tries on it for a min and then tried cable and it works and this is what could be causing the delay for those channels to zap slow? I have feeling since im using multiple tuners S/C this option might be worth a try.

i dont want the hassle of loading BH/E2 on it again so asking if any of you think tuner priority and preferred tuner settings would make a difference if i try changing it on BH/E2 image?

you know what guys, ive just come across few more channels which are freezing...so it seems like the freezing/slow zap issues has now moved to different transponder or something!! :mad::grimacing::xd: :dying: :dead: what could be causing this issue!!!!

Back