Some advice on Best Cable/IPTV combo box

SirKlip

Hey guys
After Virmin upped my bill again for the umpteenth time this year i am ready to cut my TV service with them and move to IPTV/Cable box
I already have a Zgemma H2.H for another room in my house which works great for the cable connection but the IPTV can be a bit Flaky.
What would your recommendations on a Cable/IPTV box.
Thanks in advance

When i saw the title of your thread i was going to jump on the Zgemma, how is your box connected to your isp, which method are you using for IPTV and finally have you tried your IPTV sub on a different device to rule out the provider?
Sorry for all the Qs :xd: :dying: :dead:

yes i use the IPTV through VLC on my PC and its rock solid on there
I just found that if i leave teh iptv playing on my ZG for to long it kinda times out or starts freezing.
I have both my Cable and IPTV subs through sellers on here, and they are always super helpful with any issues i have.
I have the H2.H, Maybe i need to spend a bit more of r a stronger box,
What would the next step up be from the H2.H

H2H should run iptv fine,I use a lot of them and don't get any problem really. You could look at a H9c.All depends on budget.

ok I might just bite the bullet and go for another H2.H
I was just thinking since this would be my main TV box i wanted to see if there is somethign better out there,
I was thinking of budgetting +-£100 for it

And answering your questions
I have a Network cable running to MY Zgemma
Am using Xstream setup on my current Zgemma

yes i use the IPTV through VLC on my PC and its rock solid on there
I just found that if i leave teh iptv playing on my ZG for to long it kinda times out or starts freezing.
I have both my Cable and IPTV subs through sellers on here, and they are always super helpful with any issues i have.
I have the H2.H, Maybe i need to spend a bit more of r a stronger box,
What would the next step up be from the H2.H
Glad you have ruled that out as most people jump in head first without ruling anything out.
I had the same issue after switching from a silky smooth Sly line to using IPTV on Zgemma 2s channels freezing but have no issues on my new box.I did see a post on here the other day about the resolution settings causing streams to hang.

I think i might get a Zgemma H9C or H9T
they look like the next logical step up without to much of a learning curve to set them up

I think i might get a Zgemma H9C or H9T
they look like the next logical step up without to much of a learning curve to set them up

They're all pretty much the same to set up.
Only differences really are different tuner combinations, speed and internal hard drives.

If Zgemma are the brand you are happy with dont discount the H7C, it has 2 cable tuners so you can still watch one & record another same as befoe SKY went, this is our main box & the Mrs loves it as its as close as it gets to a genuine box for performance & function with planners, series links & multipul recordings, Also the H7 can run IPTV subs with ease... other makes do the same but in the Zgemma Cable range its a hard box to beat.

You could try installing service app from the plugins menu and set it to ext3 player and see if that helps with the freezing on your H2H.If you want to try it , go to menu /plugins green to download and service app is under system.Restart box,go to usage and gui / service app and change from original to service app and player to ext3 and box will reboot and see if that helps.

If Zgemma are the brand you are happy with dont discount the H7C, it has 2 cable tuners so you can still watch one & record another same as befoe SKY went, this is our main box & the Mrs loves it as its as close as it gets to a genuine box for performance & function with planners, series links & multipul recordings, Also the H7 can run IPTV subs with ease... other makes do the same but in the Zgemma Cable range its a hard box to beat.
Are there 2 cable tuners only on H7C or is there a sat tuner also.

1 satt and 2 cable. 1 x DVB-S2X + 2 x DVB-T2/C
What about as regards to moving a motorised dish, do you know if these boxes move them ok. Do you know of any twin sat and single cable tuner boxes that would do the same job, that you could recommend, thanks.

yes they move just fine, a TK member in the states has one with 3 dishes (I think) he is over the moon with the box & had it 12m+

as for which is best for motorised I wouldnt dare comment on something I know so little about

Firstly thank you all for your input.
It has been invaluable
I think i am going to go for the H7C
It will suite my needs prefectly.
Now just to find one. everywhere i look they seem to be sold out

Thanks again guys

Firstly thank you all for your input.
It has been invaluable
I think i am going to go for the H7C
It will suite my needs prefectly.

be aware you will need a 3 way splitter & an extra cable length as these boxes take a feed to each tuner, also IF/When you come to Flashing the box you will need to locate/press the tiny button behind the front flap.

Last edited:
Back