Some IPTV channels work on VLC but not on Smart TV App WHY?

Taylerlee

On my IPTV sub a number of channels dont load they buffer up to about 71% then show as error (most of my channels load fine). I am using the Sip Iptv App on a Samsung Smart TV. I have also loaded my m3u channel list onto my pc and played it via VLC every channel is perfect including the ones that wont play on the tv. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on the tv no effect. Re entered the Mac number and the Url link on the app several times but no difference. Anyone offer an explanation and solution please.

Tick the box that says keep online were you put you Mac in on siptv site.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Think I have answered my own question. On the FAQ section of the SipIptv web site they refer to -
I get "Server (URL) connection timeout", "Check playlist URL" or "No playlist uploaded" messages, when starting the app, while my playlist URL that works on my computer, other devices and apps.
They suggest limited memory problems in TV's (I have removed nearly all other apps) and turning the tv on and off to clear the cache. Unfortunately they didnt work for me but there is obviously an issue with the app when it works great with 90% of my channels but VLC on my laptop works with 100%. Perhaps we are too quick at times to focus our critisism on the sub providers when the answer is nearer to home!
My solution?, buy a Mag box end of the month.

An update to my last post, my supplier wont just swap my m3u link I have on the Smart TV App for a mag box connection says I would have to buy a new line and still got 2 mths to go on this sub. Therefore still playing about and just connected my old MXQ android box (about 4 years old) I think its dual core but it was ok in the day. I put my list on Kodi and it played every channel including the ones I cannot connect to on the Smart tv app. So once again it proves there is an issue with this app. The only problem with my android box is the picture quality was reduced and there was a noticable delay in speech to action which I would assume is due to the ancient processor in the box. SO still going down the Mag Box route just delayed for 2 months!

Funnily enough, someone asked a similar question on the FB page of my supplier earlier today and the response to them was that there is a known issue with the app on Samsung TV. They were told to simply send an e-mail to the app creator and they will fix it......supplier seemed to suggest that this was a common fault and a quick e-mail sorts it.....something to do with the operating system on the TV, they didn't really go into too much detail with their answer.

Funnily enough, someone asked a similar question on the FB page of my supplier earlier today and the response to them was that there is a known issue with the app on Samsung TV. They were told to simply send an e-mail to the app creator and they will fix it......supplier seemed to suggest that this was a common fault and a quick e-mail sorts it.....something to do with the operating system on the TV, they didn't really go into too much detail with their answer.
Thank you thats interesting and I will follow it up by email as you suggest. Whichever way it goes I will post the result.

have u tried changing buffer size to large? on app
Yes, It was on auto, so I increased it to large to be frank it seemed to exaggerate the problem. I have put it back onto auto. I have tried just about all the normal things, uninstalling and reinstalling app, I have even tried uploading an m3u list instead of using the external URL one but no effect. Turned tv on and off to remove cache. Firm ware on tv is up to date, internet is very fast fibre, hard wired, tried ticking the save on line box. I am hoping dt99 has come up with something, have just sent email. Thanks for your suggestion I have been told the buffer increase sometimes works.

As I mentioned I have emailed siptv.eu re their app. Initially they asked me to try their example m3u playlist. I would say there are about 12 different channels including Russian Tv, utube, and music. 3 of the channels would not load and showed error. I assume the channels are a variety of different codecs. I then re emailed siptv.eu with the results and said, was I to assume my Samsung Tv did not support certain codecs?. I have copied and pasted their reply -
Yes, something along those lines.

Let me know if you need a refund.

I am going to keep the app until I get a replacement player as it still plays 90% of my channels. I suppose its very much down to me not doing the necessary research (trying the example playlist) in the first place. I assumed all Samsung TV's supported the same codecs which perhaps isnt the case? I am still not totally convinced the app isnt the issue as opposed to the tv. Unfortunately you cannot add further codecs to the Samsung Tv. By the way my Samsung Smart Tv was manufactured in 2013 and according to the siptv.eu website is compatible with their app.

I've got the app on my LG TV and it runs fine....but I read somewhere I can't remember where though that if you update the software on your TV certain apps may fail to work....also I'm sure Samsung have stopped allowing or supporting or something the Smart IPTV app due to the surge in IPTV

I've got the app on my LG TV and it runs fine....but I read somewhere I can't remember where though that if you update the software on your TV certain apps may fail to work....also I'm sure Samsung have stopped allowing or supporting or something the Smart IPTV app due to the surge in IPTV
I dont know if that is correct or not but my tv software is up to date. Having said that although up to date it hasnt downloaded an update for over 6 mths during the first 4 or 5 the app seemed to be working fine. I am guessing the suppliers in their search for channels from a variety of sources are including codecs not previously used. In any event there is a problem at least with some smart tv's or the app, or both.

Back