Sony Reports 1 Billion USD Annual Loss

homesick

VIP Member
TK Supporter
From edge-online.com:
Sony Corporation has reported a 98.9 billion yen ($1 billion/£685 million) loss for the financial year ended March 31, 2009.

Game division sales were down 18 percent to 1053.1 billion yen ($11 billion/£7.3 billion), primarily due to "the impact of the appreciation of the yen and a decrease in unit sales of PS2."

However, the segment's operating losses more than halved from 124 billion yen to 58.5 billion yen ($612.4 million/£404.6 million), due largely to PS3 hardware cost reductions and increased sales of PS3 software.

10.06 million PS3 consoles were sold during the year, representing a ten percent increase. PSP sales increased from 13.81 million to 14.11 million, while PS2 sales decreased from 13.66 million units to 7.91 million.

Full Story: edge-online.com

Yeah, i read this the other day. Sony might as well join the other thousands or companies reporting huge annual losses.

Yeah, i read this the other day. Sony might as well join the other thousands or companies reporting huge annual losses.

lol, the xbox is stall making money! thats what you get sony for using those fancy dancy parts trying to show MS up! ours may break down from time to time, but at least we can get em' cheap! :)

The sadest part about this is alot of people are going to lose their jobs because of the hugh loss sony has taken, I read somewhere that it might as high as 2000 people.

Back