Sony Xplode Cd Player

iceman23

My father in law has a sony explode in his car for years but when he changed cars he swapped over the stereo now cant remember the code on the remote to start it back up again.

All the numbers are as follows (i dont know if they will help or not)

MODEL NUMBER CDX-M630
SERIAL NUMBER 3527346.

I hope somone knows how to sort this out or how to reset it so he can use his stereo again.

regards
iceman23

Hello

Radio code is not available through serial. However, I believe your radio could have 'jumper links', and if it does there's every chance I could give the remote control code combination needed.

'jumper links' are basically solder pads, which are either bridged by solder or not.. If your radio has those pads, I need to know the status - whether opened or closed. There is three pads.

If you turn the radio upside down looking at the base - hopefully you'll see a window...

Here's a picture of a sony 'jumper link' radio... to give you an idea.. (area highlighted by rectangle)

334jd4p.jpg

Good luck! :)

Well, if all the pads are open... unfortunately I don't have a solution. It just says 'N/A' on my list. lol.

The alternative is to use a soldering iron to bridge all three pads.. so you have closed - closed - closed
When you do this the code will be deactivated 'code off'

:)

Back