Sound and Video Issues Mag254

pabh

Hi Guys

I'm having a few issues with the VOD on my subscriptions. Some programs are showing video and no sound some are showing no video and sound.

I've got two subs at the moment to test the issues and they both do it.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Could be the format of videos or there a bigger upscale then the box can handle I have a few like it on my zgemma box

I would guess it's an audio & video codecs problem. I have had some VOD that would not play on a mag 256. It was encoded H.265.

Here is a screenshot of the file extensions and audio and video codecs that are compatible with your mag 254.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190508-212533_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-212533_Chrome.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 45
I have been in touch with Informir support & they advise that they do not support the DTS codec which is becoming increasingly more popular on VOD and I believe is to also be used on live tv.
I have noticed more & more of my VOD will not play audio because of this, i have used mag boxes for the past few years but not anymore unless they release a patch/firmware to fix.
Anyone else notice the recent gradual increase on the use of the DTS codec.?

I have been in touch with Informir support & they advise that they do not support the DTS codec which is becoming increasingly more popular on VOD and I believe is to also be used on live tv.
I have noticed more & more of my VOD will not play audio because of this, i have used mag boxes for the past few years but not anymore unless they release a patch/firmware to fix.
Anyone else notice the recent gradual increase on the use of the DTS codec.?

I have noticed a few videos , and entire series won't play audio. Why providers upload these videos with Dolby theatre sound codec, without first testing them is a major oversight.
To re-encode a movie is not time consuming, but an entire series is another matter.
I have only had a handful not play audio, one of them is " An idiot abroad ".

I have noticed a few videos , and entire series won't play audio. Why providers upload these videos with Dolby theatre sound codec, without first testing them is a major oversight.
To re-encode a movie is not time consuming, but an entire series is another matter.
I have only had a handful not play audio, one of them is " An idiot abroad ".
Mate, why do you think are Informir not pushing hard to develop a fix to support this codec ? Surely it will eventually start to impact the sales of their STBs

Mate, why do you think are Informir not pushing hard to develop a fix to support this codec ? Surely it will eventually start to impact the sales of their STBs

I don't think they will. To be honest I'm not that impressed with my mag 256. It needs a firmware upgrade, the inner portal locked up, the picture has vertical lines down the screen, quite often. I have changed the power supply to a 12v 2 A. It has rectified some problems.
DTS is quite a fancy audio codec.
Mp3, wma, aac are fine.
I don't think they will address this issue.

Back