Sound issue

FUM

Looked everywhere for a solution on this to no joy. I am having major HDMI issues with my ZGEMMA. I can only get the HDMI to display on the TV if I turn the box off and back on when I switch away from the display to the firestick and try to switch back. And once I do get my display, I can't get any sound from the TV on it. I have tried just about everything - factory reset of the TV, new HDMI cable, different HDMI port, every ZGemma audio setting under the sun. I'm not an amateur on this sort of thing yet this is one problem I just cannot seem to resolve. I am yet to try flashing the box but I think this is my last option unless anyone can come up with a solution and even then I am fairly convinced a flash with a new build is not going to be the difference here. It was all working fine then I broke a HDMI port in my TV, now I have had to buy a HDMI splitter but the splitter can't be the issue as I am getting sound from the firestick fine and even trying the zGemma with the firestick unplugged altogether makes no odds.

I am at the stage where I just think my TV might be past it to be honest as I don't think it is a box issue. I can view the channels on the box with sound completely fine on e-channelizer on my laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yes, swapped them about. Also tried removing the Firestick altogether in case that was somehow impacting. Tried plugging the box straight to the TV without the splitter to no joy as well.

Yes, swapped them about. Also tried removing the Firestick altogether in case that was somehow impacting. Tried plugging the box straight to the TV without the splitter to no joy as well.
Are you doing this with TV and box powered on,?

Tried it with everything off and tried it with everything on - also tried it after a 15 min completely powered off, plugs all pulled out period.

I had the issue before hot plugging anything, it is almost certainly not what has caused it.

Back