Satellite Spdif

Toddy2

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I have two h7s, I have now put them together to use them both through my theatre system, my idea was to split the spdif optical as the amp has only one optical out, this worked when one h7 was sharing with a droidbox but now I have used it to split the h7s there is no sound from any of them until I remove one cable!!
I am assuming the reason it worked with the sharing of droidbox is when the droidbox was switched off when not in use it was off!! and the h7 just goes into standby and there is power to confuse the splitter, There must be a solution, I did consider putting one in deep standby to see if that would work but would be worried if a recording would still take place, or is there a switched version of the splitter, any help would be greatly appreciated

I don't know the answer, sorry but confused as to why you're using 2 H7's? Won't one of them do everything you need?

I don't know the answer, sorry but confused as to why you're using 2 H7's? Won't one of them do everything you need?
Hi recording mostly, I just updated a H2s which was connected to the same box through phono but had a sync problem with phono!!

You can stick the 2nd H7 anywhere as long as it's connected to the network and set it to record to the same hdd as the 1st H7.

You can stick the 2nd H7 anywhere as long as it's connected to the network and set it to record to the same hdd as the 1st H7.
Hi that would work for me, Do you know how to set that up? for someone with medium tech savvy!!

It has to be spdif in on amp not out.
I just use one spdif from tv out to input in on onkyo amp.
saves 4 spdif cables in use.
There are also spdif splitters.

Hi that would work for me, Do you know how to set that up? for someone with medium tech savvy!!

@grog68 did a tutorial some time ago but I can't find it now.
You need to do a search in network settings on the second box and scan the local network.
Select the hdd on the other H7 and add it as a shared drive.
Then set it as the default recording location.

It has to be spdif in on amp not out.
I just use one spdif from tv out to input in on onkyo amp.
saves 4 spdif cables in use.
There are also spdif splitters.
I have a splitter but soon as you put the second one in sound goes, it works if second box is actually off and not in standby, I have the in /out set up correct its somethi g to do with the power of one in standby, you can get a switchable unit which I might try

@grog68 did a tutorial some time ago but I can't find it now.
You need to do a search in network settings on the second box and scan the local network.
Select the hdd on the other H7 and add it as a shared drive.
Then set it as the default recording location.
Cheers I have a play, that's why I've got two really!!

Yes as its optical light it has to go into the switchable splitter and out the other end,if using second box dial is rotated for that circuit,

Back