Spotify

tqd12

Has anyone been able to successfully sign up to another Spotify region using a VPN? Currently in Turkey and everything is in local price, a family sub costs 34,99 TL which works out £1.63. Unfortunately I receive an error when trying to pay using my Revolut card :disappointed:

Has anyone been able to successfully sign up to another Spotify region using a VPN? Currently in Turkey and everything is in local price, a family sub costs 34,99 TL which works out £1.63. Unfortunately I receive an error when trying to pay using my Revolut card :disappointed:
I tried once but wasn’t successful - perhaps see if you can pick up a gift card. I think they’ll allow you to redeem 18 months worth of gift cards

Edit: Giftcards can only be redeemed for the normal premium - not duo or family

Last edited:
I think I read in the orriginal thread, now sticky, that they detect VPN connections so signing up that was was neigh imposible. I just dumped spotify and switched to Tidal Argentina, they charge my Starling card 90 pence a month for the HIFI Family plan which allows 6 connections. No need to VPN to play, just when signing up.

I think I read in the orriginal thread, now sticky, that they detect VPN connections so signing up that was was neigh imposible. I just dumped spotify and switched to Tidal Argentina, they charge my Starling card 90 pence a month for the HIFI Family plan which allows 6 connections. No need to VPN to play, just when signing up.
They detect some VPNs, but apparently not the ControlD global proxy. I managed to set up a Turkish account alright, but couldn’t get past the payment stage. I think you’ll need a Turkish-issued card or PayPal account to swing it

Last edited:
I have had a Philippines Spotify family account going for around three years, I had to set up a Philippines PayPal account. This was working perfectly until the other day when I received an email from PayPal requesting a photo ID, which I've sent, however, I think I may have said I was philipino on my original application, so I presume I'm about to be closed.

All spotify in countries where its cheaper you need a payment method that is from the country your buying in...philipines worked for lots of us as paypal PH allowed you to register with no checks...that's now changed lol..only way now is cracked app or legit share £3.50 each

All spotify in countries where its cheaper you need a payment method that is from the country your buying in...philipines worked for lots of us as paypal PH allowed you to register with no checks...that's now changed lol..only way now is cracked app or legit share £3.50 each
I'm sure you'll all be delighted for me 🤣🤣
I sent a copy of my passport, and my Deezer payment came out Friday, and my Spotify payment came out yesterday. Hopefully my PayPal account will be left alone for another while.

I'm sure you'll all be delighted for me 🤣🤣
I sent a copy of my passport, and my Deezer payment came out Friday, and my Spotify payment came out yesterday. Hopefully my PayPal account will be left alone for another while.
🤣🤣 damn that actually worked lol...am with the same country for my spotify so if I get into a similar situation will send my ID info in to...guess you passed as a Philippine 😂

I sent my passport as it is of course possible that I work in the Philippines, but my licence gives my address as Dublin.
That was my logic after I got the "we are freezing your account as we have noticed suspicious activity" email. They told me to change password and to send a photo ID.
I tried to make a purchase independently of their email(to ensure it wasn't scam email), and the account was already frozen.
Incidentally, they have acknowledged that I sent the photo, and said they were going to review it. They haven't said they are satisfied, but the twomsubs went through, so hopefully that means they are.

tidals a great shout.

just signed up, appears to be 90p per month for 6 devices.

been paying full price for deezer since i couldnt sign up using vpn.

tidal signed up for very easily.

Price Update (July 2023): Spotify has announced it's increasing its prices. For Europe / USA, it's increasing around 10% - US$9.99 => US$10.99, GBP £9.99 to £10.99.
Turkey - is increasing by 33%, but that takes it from 29.99 TRL (GBP £0.91) => 39.99 TRL (GBP £1.16).. but still a very good price!

I am using the attached Spotify apk, but it's an annoying prompt to upgrade to the next hacked version anyone have another copy.

Edit doesn't look like I can attach and see x manager is the way forward

Last edited:
I am using the attached Spotify apk, but it's an annoying prompt to upgrade to the next hacked version anyone have another copy.

Edit doesn't look like I can attach and see x manager is the way forward
I've been using x-manager for over a year.

I'm still using an ancient build on it and it still works no problems 👍

Back