starview 1 original Flashing Help please

have got all the stuff required to flash my box have usb to serial lead + null modem lead also have gtrom v4 and cryptv1,5 but cant get it to flash help
please

Did you download the firmware onto the desktop ?
open the GTRom & then click on browse , & locate the firmware on your desktop.

If you still cant get it to work, try & find someone with a desktop (pc) with xp.
It should work for you then.

Theres been multiple problems flashing boxes with vista, but xp always seems to do the job.

thats me goosed then as i dont know anybody who still uses xp everyone has new laptops and all have vista is that the same for all boxes

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

sorry how rude of me thanks mate anyway forgive my rudeness

You`re grand mate, I know how frustrating these boxes can be ;)
Do you know anyone who has a flashed SV1?
You can do a box to box transfer (load the firmware from their box onto your box with a null modem cable).

Why carnt the flash be done on vista !!!!!!!!!
right mate ive only bought new lap top with vista so i think you should be grand but dont have a starview so basically when you open gtrom you have to add the bin file crypt 1.5 but it has to be unwrapped with winrar first once you have that added it should work but you might heve to change your com port to either 1 2 3 4 cos they are your ony options on gtrom

oh well i carnt do it will find someone with a xp everyting ive tryed dont work i all ready had the file unzipped but hanks for the advice boys after all the things tryed it just keeps saying flash failed

oh well i carnt do it will find someone with a xp everyting ive tryed dont work i all ready had the file unzipped but hanks for the advice boys after all the things tryed it just keeps saying flash failed
does it move off 0% before saying flash failed

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

it defo just sounds like a com port problem just match your com port to the either of the com ports in gtrom and make sure your usb adaptor is installed on your computer with the disc it comes with or search the web for the driver

Try saving the loader to the desktop and right clicking on it and selecting run as administrator :err:

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Just read again you say that the com port is set to 16? Needs to be 1 to 4 on computer and matched with the same in the loader :)

Back