Starview 3

MOG

Just wondering if anyone can help with a small problem I get now and again. Every now and then the box will go off completely...no pictures and no LED display on the front of the box. Switching off/on does not reset it but if you switch off for 10 mins or so it will come back when switched on. You can imagine it's annoying if you have to miss 10 mins of footie. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mine used to do similar, as in switch itself off and reboot. Didn't stay off though. I found when I changed the firmware it solve it.

Starview 3 for sale

Good thinking Mooley you are on the ball.
Im selling my starview 3 boxed with instructions and remote etc incl postage to anywhere in Europe for £90, paypal payments only!

Last edited:
To shezsharks....you gotta be jokin pal...90 quid for a second hand sv3...got mine brand new with 3 months support for £90. You may need to drop your price.

Make sure you carry out a factory reset after installing new firmware. If its still rebooting you might have a psu fault.(only my opinion)

Well wish you the best of luck Shezsharks, no harm in trying but they are still on offer at £85 brand new, not that I recommend them anyway never been a big fan of SVs just a tolerator:err: for Educational purposes:)

Just wondering if anyone can help with a small problem I get now and again. Every now and then the box will go off completely...no pictures and no LED display on the front of the box. Switching off/on does not reset it but if you switch off for 10 mins or so it will come back when switched on. You can imagine it's annoying if you have to miss 10 mins of footie. Thanks in advance for any help.

you may need to change the c11 capacitor on the psu board m8.open the box up and check to see if it is swollen

Good thinking Mooley you are on the ball.
Im selling my starview 3 boxed with instructions and remote etc incl postage to anywhere in Europe for £90, paypal payments only!

@Shezsharks, please no advertising products you wish to sell here. As far as we're concerned, that is free advertising which is not permitted here.

Back